BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-11-2016, 03:02 PM   #23
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 14 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac33 View Post
Looks like I may have been over zealous with my estimate that they will ship out this week. Just went online to check the status on their webpage and current status is "Backordered".
SO.. whenever I do get these suckers in, I will get back to you guys for sure.
Ever get these installed? Review? Pics?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 11:28 AM   #24
maniac33
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by markslc1 View Post
Ever get these installed? Review? Pics?
Yep, back on post #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac33 View Post
So I guess I owe you guys an update on this, since I did finally receive the item in the mail. Unfortunately, for those who were hoping (as much as I was) it was too good to be true. Although the item description states that the mirror caps are replacement style and use tabs to install, I was shipped mirror "covers" with included 3M tape. I took measures to contact ModB***ains and ask to confirm if I did actually receive the correct product or if I was shipped the wrong item. I heard back a few days ago and the company that modb***ains uses does not even make a set that uses "tabs". Eric and Sean at modb***ains were always responsive to emails and worked closely with me to make sure I would be happy throughout the entire process. From a customer service standpoint, they have been some of the best I've dealt with. I was offered a full refund/RMA if I chose to do so.
I figured since I had the mirror caps in my possession I would at least try to see how they fit and look on my car. Figured if I saw them on there and it looked very good I might as well keep them. However, I ran into a slight issue with what looks to be production of the mirror caps, there is quite a bit of the oem white cap peeking through on the passenger side. Driver side wasn't as bad, it was tolerable. Passenger side on the other hand not so much. Again went back to Modb***ains to see what we could do and see if they could send me a set that was cut correctly. The company that they use told Modb***ains that I had "LCI mirrors" and that they do not make LCI mirror caps. This is where I've left off as I am working with them proving by pictures that the mirror caps and my “pre-lci” mirrors are in fact the same style, because the LCI mirrors are the dumbo ones and look completely different from what I understand and if that were the case, I wouldn’t even be able to get the mirror covers to come remotely close to fitting
I had to send back the poor fitting ones and they were attempting to send me another pair, but the pair that I had were the last ones that they made and didn't have any to be sent out. Especially with having a production run error of being cut wrong/poorly. They refunded me my money and told me they would email me when they are back in stock. Never did go through with purchasing others, had other things come up that were more important than mirror caps.
Appreciate 0