BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #45
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
I was considering the GC but it's at least $30k more and about a 6 month wait for a brand new one...got an excellent price for the 300 so I went with it. The 5spd is a bit of a bummer but given it's the one that was recently used in the Merc 55 and 65 AMGs it was surprisingly good.

Given the small price differential I shelled out for the top of the range one which is still hugely cheaper than the 1er...which gives me more than enough cash for a blower.
The 300 is still pretty badass. Still reminds me of Walter White in Breaking Bad Hope you got a black one and do the blower straight away.

I only would have gone for the 8 speed for the fuel savings and slight refinement. I doubt there is much difference in performance, the gearing in the 5 speed works really well. I'm familiar with that 5sp transmission mated to the C32 AMG engine (modded) and it performs very well.
Appreciate 0