BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Haunted at night: 1M featuring in dreams

Was the 1M ever a main topic in one of your dreams ?

In almost 500 days and 18.5K kms of ownership it happened already twice to me. And boy, was I happy when I woke up realizing that IRL my 1M is still in pristine condition...

In a first dream I retrieved my 1M in a bad shape (the toast was done on one side: left all beaten up as if a culprit/joyrider/valet had violently slammed it into armco's - quite puzzling to retrieve your car that way). In a second dream I totaled my 1M on a race-track (IRL I have never taken it to a race-track). In both dreams the damage was assessed as 'irreparable' and I felt frustrated that no 1M could be ordered anymore. In the second dream I contacted a forum fellow with the proposal to buy his BSM at the full price he had paid (2011). However, I don't know his answer because I woke up after sending the request message.

And your experiences (good or bad) ?

Last edited by Artemis; 01-31-2013 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: Improved the thread title
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Many dreams of my M3 being damaged. Lost count.

Also had dreams of going to Southeast Asia and realising that my car was waiting for me at the airport, soon after my arrival, and ready to drive! I do dream of having sufficient funds to be able to fly my car around the world for epic drives.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

You must be driving it hard for the fear that was suppressed in consciousness arose in the dream. Fear that one day you might total it and would pay anything to get your hands on another!

Knock on wood you don't crash it. (yes I just knocked on wood)

Keep enjoying it bro!
      01-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
You must be driving it hard for the fear that was suppressed in consciousness arose in the dream. Fear that one day you might total it and would pay anything to get your hands on another!
Hm, as regards explanations, though I'm no shrink and never visited one, I think it's deeper intertwined inside the sublimen. A very close family member got diagnosed with cancer in 2010 and is terminally ill. Lost battle against an incurable disease. Maybe my subconsciousness is coping with the near future loss situation with some mind fiction, using the 1M (an object I really like) as a metaphor for that precious family member. But let's leave the dreams explanations off topic.
      01-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

Have you considered the 1M could be the fuel for ones nightmares?
      01-31-2013, 12:20 PM   #6
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

I used to have a F30 335i 6MT from feb 12 to nov 12. The car was a total lemon. A few weeks ago I dreamt about trading in my 335i for a new Golf 4 Motion 2 litre tdi with 170 BHP....(Having owned 6 Golfs in the past that shouldn't be too strange)

In my dream I had a strange negative feeling why I traded my 335i for a 'normal' Golf TDI but in the background thinking why I didn't have my 1M anymore!!!
In my dream I went to the VW dealer asking the salesman I really ordered a Golf TDI. He replied : No sir, we are strangers to each other.
I felt a tad better when I left the building going to my 335i in the parking lot.
I remember I still felt sad because I didn't remember why I traded the 1M for the 335i(which in real life is the other way around!)

I woke up, first with a sad feeling and thinking: What car do I have at the very moment? A 335i or a new Golf TDI.

A wave of total hapiness went over me when I realised I still got the 1M in my garage! Yeeehaaaa!
My wife woke up telling me to be silent, moron LOL

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
1swift1
I pass gas for a living.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Vivid nightmare

Now that you mention it, I did have a nightmare about the car. It was a few weeks before I picked it up from the dealership 10/2011 (I think I was spending an inordinate amount of time tracking its progress across the Atlantic). In my dream, I was waiting at the dealership on the day the truck arrived from the port.
This dream was SO vivid, and I can remember a lot of clear detail. There, on the top/front of a two-level car carrier sat my new, shiny VO 1M. As they started to unload it, I watched in horror as it accidentally rolled forward off the front of the carrier (flipping nose over tail over above the ground) and landing upside down in front of the truck. The glass blasted out from all the windows simultaneously as the roof smashed flat. I can still see the imagined tragedy to this day. Horrible, horrible dream.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
Have you considered the 1M could be the fuel for ones nightmares?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #9
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

I have had two cases in which I woke from A dream of mine being stollen from our hanger garage...

Always woke up my wife.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #10
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Was the 1M ever a main topic in one of your dreams ?

In almost 500 days and 18.5K kms of ownership it happened already twice to me. And boy, was I happy when I woke up realizing that IRL my 1M is still in pristine condition...

In a first dream I retrieved my 1M in a bad shape (the toast was done on one side: left all beaten up as if a culprit/joyrider/valet had violently slammed it into armco's - quite puzzling to retrieve your car that way). In a second dream I totaled my 1M on a race-track (IRL I have never taken it to a race-track). In both dreams the damage was assessed as 'irreparable' and I felt frustrated that no 1M could be ordered anymore. In the second dream I contacted a forum fellow with the proposal to buy his BSM at the full price he had paid (2011). However, I don't know his answer because I woke up after sending the request message.

And your experiences (good or bad) ?
LOL
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I haven't wrecked it in a dream, but I have had several dreams where I was out for a drive and got caught in an unexpected snowstorm in the 1M, and had to crawl my way home. I always wake up before getting home, and I am always nervous with my heart racing as I wake up!

The other night, I dreamed that I was on my way to pick up my kids, running late, and discovered that the road I was on turned into a poorly maintained dirt road with potholes and deep ruts. I turned around to find another way, then woke up feeling really bad for choosing the car over my kids.

WTF?

I am open to anyone's psychoanalysis!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
... In the second dream I contacted a forum fellow with the proposal to buy his BSM at the full price he had paid (2011). However, I don't know his answer because I woke up after sending the request message.
Would you mind stop PMing me ... I'm not selling he car!!!

I haven't dreamt of my car yet but when I'm away I think about it. I got home and first thing I wanted to do was wash it and take it out for a drive. I figured the neighbours wouldn't appreciate this at 2am.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #13
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

This 1M Forum is really getting closer to a Car Nuts Anonymous Virtual Gathering sometimes. That must be why I like it Yes, I had a few dreams about the car too and all I remember is they were mostly bad dreams.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #14
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
This 1M Forum is really getting closer to a Car Nuts Anonymous Virtual Gathering sometimes. That must be why I like it Yes, I had a few dreams about the car too and all I remember is they were mostly bad dreams.
Wait a minute, the "1M Addicts Anonymous" exists already.
You are "O." and I am "A." during the therapy sessions:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687037
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715131

For sure that club must have grown bigger, now that so many have been stung by The 1M Mod Bug.
      02-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #15
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Yep. I've had a couple of dreams where I woke up in a cold sweat after something happening to Einser Rex.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 04:43 AM   #16
Artemis
Rep

Dream involving my 1M of last night: I was queuing at the French border at a toll booth (péage), ready to enter France. French cops were 'organizing' traffic. A cop listened to the Akra of my 1M, and said in French to me, with a frown: "Monsieur, I suspect your car is too loud for being street legal. Turn around and move your car into that road pocket 100 meter over there. In approx. 10 mins my colleagues will have a closer look and run a check." Damn, I forgot to close the exhaust butterfly valve upon approach.

I turned around, drove into the indicated direction ...but then gave it the beans and cowardly fled (something I wouldn't do in real life). Despicable me... But hey, I was 'lost in translation'; officially I only had understood that I had to "turn around" and, moreover, they have no jurisdiction at this side of the border.

Maybe tomorrow I can report on the 'follow-up dream': my 1M confiscated by the radioed 'motard' cops and me being interrogated in a small dark French police office over charges of 'sound hooliganism', 'tunnel terror' and 'disobeying a police man's order'...
Never underestimate what your subconsciousness is capable of conceiving and the message it's trying to get across.
      12-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #17
saurabh_turingMS
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M AW (F10 520D MSport - gone)

This thread is scary!!!
Week after I sold the 1M I had a dream I still had the car and took it out for spin. It was a tough decision selling it and I was bummed when I woke. My wife thinks I'm nuts...
Eventually I bought a 981 Cayman which is different and I totally love it as well.

Is the 1M is an obsession?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #18
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

something different sir!
hahah thanks for sharing
      12-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #19
Stratus650
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupe

nice one Artemis

Well i had a nightmare a year ago that i crashed the 1M in a serious accident, i was lucky to be alive, and i was even more lucky when i woke up hahaha
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #20
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM

My girlfriend dreamt that I crashed into a fast flowing river. We escaped and swam to the river bank. Then the 1M transformed into a murdering death robot, jumped out of the river and started attacking us.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #21
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shost View Post
My girlfriend dreamt that I crashed into a fast flowing river. We escaped and swam to the river bank. Then the 1M transformed into a murdering death robot, jumped out of the river and started attacking us.

12-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #22
TUN3D
Major
Rep
Drives: none

Shost > My girlfriend sits on the bed, watching me have good dreams about driving & moding my conversion 1M -- Then pops my dream-bubble with a needle. F@!#N' B@!#H!

I've had about 4-5 in the last few months, with my project and all. The last one I recall, it fell off the freakin' lift, nose first. Terrible way to wake up.