BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #903
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is View Post
Nice!!!

Boy, who knew you mineral grey folk were picking such a POPULAR color?
Hey, there are very few of us mineral grey folk, just seem to be a few extra ones of late. Probably cause they saw mine and bp's! Ha!

Ton of lemans of late, too. Seems to go in phases and haven't seen a new white IS pop up on here in months it seems.

If they let you put those go pros on, man will that be some awesome footage. Enjoy and have fun. You'll love it.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #904
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOvertone View Post
Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I will be at the PC this friday picking up my mineral grey IS. Its been such a long wait but its finally so close I can taste it! I'll have lots of pictures and video from the delivery as I plan to bring 3 gopros to film. Anyone have any experience about how lenient the PC is with letting you attach GoPros to their cars?
Awesome!!! Can't wait to hear about your experience and see the photos and video! I've seen a few videos on YouTube where a GoPro was attached to the outside of the car, but only for special events, not specifically the PCD experience. Let us know what happens!

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #905
m981addicts
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 98Mz3-09-135i6sp-13-135isDCT

Ever so slight hesitation

IS drivers: ever try to 'feather' the throttle from a dead stop and experience a split second hesitation that feels like it may stall, but it doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #906
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Quote:
Originally Posted by m981addicts View Post
IS drivers: ever try to 'feather' the throttle from a dead stop and experience a split second hesitation that feels like it may stall, but it doesn't.
Yes, if you're driving 6mt, this is the wonderful clutch delay valve ruining your fun.

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #907
DeepOvertone
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Hey, there are very few of us mineral grey folk, just seem to be a few extra ones of late. Probably cause they saw mine and bp's! Ha!

Ton of lemans of late, too. Seems to go in phases and haven't seen a new white IS pop up on here in months it seems.

If they let you put those go pros on, man will that be some awesome footage. Enjoy and have fun. You'll love it.
Hey now.... I ordered my mineral grey before even seeing this forum!!

In all honesty, I wanted to go white with coral red but I decided that since I've had a few white sports cars before that it was time to have something that looks different. Plus, its incredibly hard to detail a white car.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #908
mb135is
Captain
Rep

Driving a mineral F30 loaner today. It's DARK! I guess I'm just so used to space.

In other news, I hate the F30. It feels like I'm steering with one of those playstation gran turismo steering wheels. I move my hands, the car changes direction, but there is no discernible connection between those two actions.

I CAN, however, see how it's a brilliant car for many people. N20 is robust, gets good mileage, and the interior is much improved over the E90 in my opinion.

But as I'm driving, everything just feels so programmed, which it is.

Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #909
m981addicts
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 98Mz3-09-135i6sp-13-135isDCT

Quote:
Yes, if you're driving 6mt, this is the wonderful clutch delay valve ruining your fun.
I've got DCT.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #910
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepOvertone View Post
Hey now.... I ordered my mineral grey before even seeing this forum!!

In all honesty, I wanted to go white with coral red but I decided that since I've had a few white sports cars before that it was time to have something that looks different. Plus, its incredibly hard to detail a white car.
Congrats on your mineral grey, Deep!
Interesting that you find it incredibly difficult to detail a white car. I think it is one of the easiest colors to keep looking good. Swirl marks don't show up nearly as much (but then maybe that makes them more difficult to find and remove?) and even when it's dirty it looks pretty clean..... I love the dark greys, as my last two cars were -- but it is frustrating to see the imperfections every time I look at the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #911
mb135is
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I've got DCT.
No clue then. Sorry. Good luck.

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #912
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
I've got DCT.
Never had this either. Curious if you are driving in normal mode or if you have the sport button turned on and whether you're in DS mode, too.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #913
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Driving a mineral F30 loaner today. It's DARK! I guess I'm just so used to space.

In other news, I hate the F30. It feels like I'm steering with one of those playstation gran turismo steering wheels. I move my hands, the car changes direction, but there is no discernible connection between those two actions.

I CAN, however, see how it's a brilliant car for many people. N20 is robust, gets good mileage, and the interior is much improved over the E90 in my opinion.

But as I'm driving, everything just feels so programmed, which it is.
haha....i totally agree. i went to a BMW dealership to actually look at the 335 and walked out with a handful of 1-series books and paperwork! HA!

the F20 3-series is unbelievably BORING to drive. I can't even remember the last time i was so bored driving a car. It turned like a Camry...steered like an Chevy. Honestly, i was never much a fan of the Audi A4, but even the A4 feels better to drive than the 3-series.

I thought the last 3-series was pretty boring to drive as well.....they've gone from bad to worse!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #914
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
mb - ya, in dimmer lighting especially mineral grey it is pretty dark and doesn't come out that way usually in pics. It's very similar to an old e46 m3 color people have said, forget which gray that was.

Funny thing is, I was driving next to a 328 in mineral grey today on the way to work and I also swear it looks darker and different on that body style for some reason and I didn't like it. That may not make any sense at all, but I noticed that watching 335i video reviews before ordering that had ones in mineral grey.

I test drove the F30 328 awhile back to see if I might want to wait for a 428 and I just absolutely hated it and was so bored beyond belief. I felt like the car didn't move unless I had it in DS mode and was really slamming the gas. In some ways the interior is better, but wish the screen were more seamlessly integrated as opposed to looking like an ipad was smashed into and jetting out the dash. Overall, I'll take our interiors over them. They're too trapezoidal and symmetrical and bland.

Morning rant...while coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #915
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M235i

I like mineral grey because it looks so good when it's dirty. The perfect color for the Sonoran desert.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #916
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp-plickner View Post
I like mineral grey because it looks so good when it's dirty. The perfect color for the Sonoran desert.
First off, how dare you force me to look up "sonoran desert!" hahaha!

"The Sonoran Desert is a North American desert which covers large parts of the Southwestern United States in Arizona, California, Northwest Mexico in Sonora, Baja California, and Baja California Sur."

Secondly, as I tried to give you the heads up, I was very shocked and pleasantly surprised how good it looks while completely dirty. I was worried it might be hard to keep looking good cause it's so dark, but it's been a pleasure and looks great while trashed....and even better when clean. =)

In case nobody has been able to pick up on my subtleties, I am madly in love with mineral grey. I'd marry it if I could, and might be able to now in CA. =)
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #917
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Greg, you are ok! You may have a career in comedy. You could be a karmic

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #918
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Oh this mineral grey love-fest is just too much, people!

Keep it simple and go Alpine White. I love how it looks very white during the day, and very white at night. It is such a subtle difference.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #919
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
Oh this mineral grey love-fest is just too much, people!

Keep it simple and go Alpine White. I love how it looks very white during the day, and very white at night. It is such a subtle difference.
The only thing I don't like about alpine white are those moments when it happens to look white. =P

It's so rare to have some mineral grey love, so I shall savor it. I mean, it's no mini love-fest, but what is. And BP was in on both!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #920
bp-plickner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

All Right, It is my fault
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #921
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

According to Dr. Phil, the first step is admitting you have a problem. Then he'd throw in some odd southern colloquialism that would confuse me...like, we have a saying down here in Texas...you can lead a horse to water in the Sonoran Desert, but that don't mean he'll deal cards in your poker game!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #922
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'm not feeling the convertible love, lately! There sure doesn't seem to be many of us out there. I know....we are slightly porkier than the svelte coupe, but on a sunny day or warm summer night, carving up the road with that sweet exhaust blaring right behind you.....can you feel it now?

Thought I'd refresh a few pics to try to stir up some interest and make sure the fat little brother isn't completely forgotten.....

Delivery day with big brother:

Now, don't you feel better for taking a minute to remember your little brother? I know I do.

Any other 135is 'verts out there or on order??

Last edited by Kouper; 07-30-2013 at 11:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #923
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Alright, spent way too much time yesterday washing, claying, putting two coats of wax on, and detailing the rims and tires. Sadly, I didn't finish until about 9 last night, so took pics this morning before heading to work. My whole body hurts and I can barely move today, but hopefully it's worth it. Enjoy!

Greg, your car looks great! That mineral grey really pops. Wow, 10 hours?! Just don't drive it now, or it will get dirty
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #924
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
Greg, your car looks great! That mineral grey really pops. Wow, 10 hours?! Just don't drive it now, or it will get dirty
Wish you could see me walking around work the last few days as I'm so sore. Lower back killing me, right quad, left hamstring, both hip flexors, right knee, and right triceps. Oh, and my right wrist is unstable and popping constantly. Totally worth it though. Ha! Eh, didn't have anything else to do on Sunday so figured I'd clean and detail and do as much as I could til I collapsed.

I'm going to be checking her over every day or two just in case. Got a tiny white spot the size of a pinhead on the hood will have to take care of in the morning.

For now she sits safe and sound in the garage, rims sparkling. And my body says, let's NOT do THAT again...although the special Einszett Cockpit Premium for my interior came today. =)

Appreciate 0