BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #23
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kleen View Post
DP on an N55 with otherwise stock exhaust is loud at start up. Really loud IMHO.
Could not agree with you more. It sure was. Sounded like I had just woke up my bitchy x wife haha lol. But seriously on cold start it is rather loud. There is also more rasp now which I am not really a fan of but it mostly just there when its cold. Definately makes the turbo spool and wind down whistle much more audible through the exhaust. Like I stated in earlier post the diff from stock to jb4 was nice and noticeable. But that combined with new dp equals just WOW I was blown away. It's just like a burst of acceleration down low now and eliminates the lag. A good way to describe it is like if we had a sport mode option like the dct that amps the throttle response so it's that much quicker when you press it. Kleach i know you're a 6 speed guy too and I've always been kind of jealous we dont have a sport mode option. They could have done it as the e46 m3 six speed had the sport mode button that did the same thing and so do f30 6 speed 335. But that's a good way to compare the difference in throttle response from the dp install. Will post vids of startup soon
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #24
kleach18
Essayons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I can't wait to see the videos. I wonder how a it would sound with my BMW PE.....

I think I might pull the trigger on a down pipe. If its too loud I can take the y-pipe off and stick the stock resonator back on.
/ 135i - M-Sport / 6-Speed / BMW Performance Exhaust / BMS Intake / JB4 Stage 2 ISO + Flex Fuel Wires / BMS 3.5in Down Pipe / CP-E Charge Pipe / Walbro 255 in-line fuel pump / BMS H8 AE / BMS SSK / APEX EC-7's with Nitto NT05's / COBB Tuning Sport Springs / Koni Yellows / Wagner Evo 1 / Blacklines / iCarbon Rear Diffuser / BMW Performance shift knob/boot / BMW Performance Steering Wheel /
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #25
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Ok so the first video is a cold start completly stock. The second video is a cold start with the downpipe installed. The last video is a warm start with the downpipe installed and some revs. Didnt wanna rev a cold engine. Sorry for the crappy sound quality. Its just my iphone. Funny thing is I have a go pro and never use it and when I think about it its always dead. Oh also the exhaust flapper valve is open in all of these.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #26
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
I have one complaint regarding the top post........

Your garage looks too clean

Can't hear it at work..........Damn restrictions..
      01-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #27
kleach18
Essayons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

That's a big difference, you can really hear the turbo.

You keeping the stock muffler?
/ 135i - M-Sport / 6-Speed / BMW Performance Exhaust / BMS Intake / JB4 Stage 2 ISO + Flex Fuel Wires / BMS 3.5in Down Pipe / CP-E Charge Pipe / Walbro 255 in-line fuel pump / BMS H8 AE / BMS SSK / APEX EC-7's with Nitto NT05's / COBB Tuning Sport Springs / Koni Yellows / Wagner Evo 1 / Blacklines / iCarbon Rear Diffuser / BMW Performance shift knob/boot / BMW Performance Steering Wheel /
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #28
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
I have one complaint regarding the top post........

Your garage looks too clean

Can't hear it at work..........Damn restrictions..
Lol actually if the car had been facing the other way you would see all the junk my corner of tools on the floor car wash towels an buckets an soap and my box that I like to call my stock pile lol. Literally just a box full of all the stock parts I've took off actually that's what the phone is sitting on haha.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #29
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleach18 View Post
That's a big difference, you can really hear the turbo.

You keeping the stock muffler?
For now. Need to listen to some more youtube vids of people with n55 down pipes and mufflers and see which has the lowest amount of rasp. Could you hear it in the vid? A little rasp I don't mind like the e46m3 but this is just a tad much lol. But the exhaust I always liked the most was rouge dms because it didn't make it too loud but deep nice tone. If I can find a vid of that exhaust with a dp and it sounds good ill go with it. Plus I need to order something else anyway haha. Every time something comes in the mail and I'm not expecting anything else I get bored like ok what else can I order lol. Really just want my wheels but they are back ordered so who knows when they will show up. Once they get here I'm done! I've spent way to much on this thing in only a couple months lol.
Appreciate 0