v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
TTX is ready to go.

There is also a "Raceline" kit based on Ohlins ready.

Road and Track should be ready soon.
Are you ordering the TTX kits from PSI? "Raceline" is a PSI term, not really an Ohlins term. According to Ohlins, PSI's Raceline kit's are basic 2-way adjustable TTX36 kits built in-house at PSI. Those kits are not exactly street warrantied kits, and are not backed by Ohlins (they're backed by PSI). Road and Track is what we're developing at Ohlins now (speaking for the 1M, of course), and we're also improving on the other kits specifically for the 1M, through shake rig testing. In fact, all of these 1M kits will all be shake rig tested at Ohlins USA in Henersonville, NC.

Trust me, when we're all done...PSI will be using these kits exclusively for the 1M, unless they've already done the development on their own (which could be the case). Again, it would be worked backed by the vendor PSI, and not directly by Ohlins.

Last edited by v1k0d3n; 01-09-2012 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #24
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Subscribed. Def interested, Ohlin makes amazing products, have them on my other ride and they have transformed the car completely. Likely best mod I've done. Hoping they come out with the full adjustable kit (remote reservoir and all), otherwise Motons are in the strong running.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #25
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Subscribed. Def interested, Ohlin makes amazing products, have them on my other ride and they have transformed the car completely. Likely best mod I've done. Hoping they come out with the full adjustable kit (remote reservoir and all), otherwise Motons are in the strong running.
It will be fully adjustable. That was the goal of the whole project.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #26
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
It will be fully adjustable. That was the goal of the whole project.
Saweeeet! In that case, put me in for the Group Buy!
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #27
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Are you ordering the TTX kits from PSI? "Raceline" is a PSI term, not really an Ohlins term. According to Ohlins, PSI's Raceline kit's are basic 2-way adjustable TTX36 kits built in-house at PSI. Those kits are not exactly street warrantied kits, and are not backed by Ohlins (they're backed by PSI). Road and Track is what we're developing at Ohlins now (speaking for the 1M, of course), and we're also improving on the other kits specifically for the 1M, through shake rig testing. In fact, all of these 1M kits will all be shake rig tested at Ohlins USA in Henersonville, NC.

Trust me, when we're all done...PSI will be using these kits exclusively for the 1M, unless they've already done the development on their own (which could be the case). Again, it would be worked backed by the vendor PSI, and not directly by Ohlins.
That was what was said, "based on Ohlins", but not an Ohlins kit. Just like our HPA Koni SA coilovers is based on Koni, but not a Koni kit.

If you work for Ohlins or are involved with their sales/operations, you will have more information than I do. I was told the R&T should be out anytime now. Maybe you can tell us if there will be a 1M specific TTX kit as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #28
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let's see how much solid commitment you can muster up, and we'll talk about it. Can you lead this effort and I will see what Ohlins is willing to do? Right now I'm just concentrating on the development side with the Ohlins team in NC.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
That was what was said, "based on Ohlins", but not an Ohlins kit. Just like our HPA Koni SA coilovers is based on Koni, but not a Koni kit.

If you work for Ohlins or are involved with their sales/operations, you will have more information than I do. I was told the R&T should be out anytime now. Maybe you can tell us if there will be a 1M specific TTX kit as well.
I don't work directly for Ohlins. I'm just working with them on this project. I'm actually just an IT security tech nerd who works for AT&T. Buuuut, I also motorcycle race and exclusively use Ohlins suspensions. I've have a good working relationship with the guys in Hendersonville for a while now, and I try to make it up there for a face-to-face visit every year or two (it's easy since I'm in Charlotte).

To answer your last question, Ohlins is planning on using the development work to release suspension setups for the 1M across all of their lines; that includes TTX as well (but that suspension is NOT recommended for the street). The longer I let them use the car on the shake rig, the more data they'll be able to collect. That will help them tune in each suspension setup, and dial them in specifically for each of the popular tracks in the US (that's the goal). So if Joe Smoe says: "hey i'm going to Road American", or "Barber or "Laguna"...than the Ohlins guys will be able to tell them a good starting point, based on (and depending on) collected information from race teams (including some of the professional Indy teams).

I'm telling you...the shake rig setup they have is incredibly SICK! It can even simulate race lines at various tracks, and depending on that race line, different variations that may exist on the track (for instance track repairs, potholes/wear marks, weather conditions, etc). It's pretty cool stuff.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #30
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Let's see how much solid commitment you can muster up, and we'll talk about it. Can you lead this effort and I will see what Ohlins is willing to do? Right now I'm just concentrating on the development side with the Ohlins team in NC.
Deal

There is at least 3 of us 1///M owners on this board alone that have the Öhlins on our RS 4 and I'm pretty sure all 3 of us are a go based on stellar experience with the product. There are also plenty of track junkies that have (or had) an Öhlins setup on their other rides that I think can be easily persuaded. There def will be a market for their product, and while the somewhat small 1///M production figures don't help, it is not something that the company has shown to be a deal breaker (RS 4s were around 2K in the US and they still developed a fabulous kit, in fact 2 versions: SL and MR).

PS: Post some pics of their shake rig (if they allow it)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #31
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Deal

PS: Post some pics of their shake rig (if they allow it)
It's on post #1
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #32
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't work directly for Ohlins. I'm just working with them on this project. I'm actually just an IT security tech nerd who works for AT&T. Buuuut, I also motorcycle race and exclusively use Ohlins suspensions. I've have a good working relationship with the guys in Hendersonville for a while now, and I try to make it up there for a face-to-face visit every year or two (it's easy since I'm in Charlotte).

To answer your last question, Ohlins is planning on using the development work to release suspension setups for the 1M across all of their lines; that includes TTX as well (but that suspension is NOT recommended for the street). The longer I let them use the car on the shake rig, the more data they'll be able to collect. That will help them tune in each suspension setup, and dial them in specifically for each of the popular tracks in the US (that's the goal). So if Joe Smoe says: "hey i'm going to Road American", or "Barber or "Laguna"...than the Ohlins guys will be able to tell them a good starting point, based on (and depending on) collected information from race teams (including some of the professional Indy teams).

I'm telling you...the shake rig setup they have is incredibly SICK! It can even simulate race lines at various tracks, and depending on that race line, different variations that may exist on the track (for instance track repairs, potholes/wear marks, weather conditions, etc). It's pretty cool stuff.
We happen to have customers after the TTX kits that is why I inquired on it. It may be just a matter of spring changes so the M3 kit will work just as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #33
e///M
Registered
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Deal

There is at least 3 of us 1///M owners on this board alone that have the Öhlins on our RS 4 and I'm pretty sure all 3 of us are a go based on stellar experience with the product. There are also plenty of track junkies that have (or had) an Öhlins setup on their other rides that I think can be easily persuaded. There def will be a market for their product, and while the somewhat small 1///M production figures don't help, it is not something that the company has shown to be a deal breaker (RS 4s were around 2K in the US and they still developed a fabulous kit, in fact 2 versions: SL and MR).
Count me in for the group buy!
I've had DFVs on my MX-5, S2000 and RS 4 and TTX on the 2-Eleven. I'm sure it'll be just as good on the 1M!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #34
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Anymore updates on the Ohlins R&T for the 1M/M3?

The Ohlins R&T will be one of the best entry level coilovers out there when it is released based on our experience with their R&T product on 135i/335i and TTX on M3's.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #35
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

I loved the Ohlins on my S2000 and could be interested if the price is reasonable...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #36
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm View Post
I loved the Ohlins on my S2000 and could be interested if the price is reasonable...
135i/335i Ohlins R&T is $2599, the 1M/M3 version should be just a few hundred more. The S2000 kit is just shy of $3000 because of the upper mounts that came in the kit.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #37
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
+2
      02-13-2012, 04:51 AM   #38
mm1
Private
Rep
Drives: exE90 M3/ now1M

I`m also looking forward for this kit, initaialy I wanted KW3`s but somehow I think that the Ohlins kit will suit the car better.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #39
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

any chance for electronic & dynamic adjustability like the Volvo's Four C system that Ohlin's did back in 2004?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #40
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1 View Post
I`m also looking forward for this kit, initaialy I wanted KW3`s but somehow I think that the Ohlins kit will suit the car better.
April is the month if everything goes smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #41
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

hey guys, sorry i've been off the radar lately. i had major reconstruction surgery on my left knee, and have just been hanging low.i still have about 4 more weeks until i can walk, but i will call the guys at ohlins tomorrow to get an update/status.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #42
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

Well, I just got off the phone with Jeff and things are looking great. I've actually never personally seen Ohlins THIS happy to work on a car before. They're really excited about it. I don't have a ton of information that I can share just yet...but it looks like the M3 kit is a winner. Now there IS some machining that will occur for the lower strut mounts, but this is where I can't go into too much detail yet. So far, it looks like they have a really good solution in place, which is GREAT for us because that will keep the cost of a 1M bolt on kit down...way down (in Ohlin terms). These kits will be available in either 2 or 3-way adjustable models. Don't be worried if you can only get the 2-ways at first, because Ohlins is saying that you can always upgrade later to a 3-way if that's what you want to do later. That's really good news for people who want to keep costs down, and get into an Ohlins setup. I am personally going with a 3-way, and I'm going to use Ground Control camber and caster plates with the Ohlins setup. I will have pictures for you guys in a couple of weeks. Let me know your thoughts and interests. Ohlins is pretty excited to be doing this project and wants to get your feedback. That's all for now! I'll be back soon to update you all again.

I should have more info in the next couple of weeks....hang tight if you can. I know you're all pretty interested in seeing what develops here, and Ohlins is aware that we're getting close to racing season (esp since the weather down in the south has been so warm lately...it feels like spring already).

Last edited by v1k0d3n; 02-23-2012 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: updating for timeframe...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #43
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
any chance for electronic & dynamic adjustability like the Volvo's Four C system that Ohlin's did back in 2004?
hmm...not so sure about that. I can ask when i talk to them next.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #44
djafactor
MINI Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 89 M3, 1M, e30 touring

Thanks for your efforts. Looking forward to the updates. Cheers

Quote:
Well, I just got off the phone with Jeff and things
are looking great. I've actually never personally seen Ohlins THIS happy to work on a car before. They're really excited about it. I don't have a ton of information that I can share just yet...but it looks like the M3 kit is a winner. Now there IS some machining that will occur for the lower strut mounts, but this is where I can't go into too much detail yet. So far, it looks like they have a really good solution in place, which is GREAT for us because that will keep the cost of a 1M bolt on kit down...way down (in Ohlin terms). These kits will be available in either 2 or 3-way adjustable models. Don't be worried if you can only get the 2-ways at first, because Ohlins is saying that you can always upgrade later to a 3-way if that's what you want to do later. That's really good news for people who want to keep costs down, and get into an Ohlins setup. I am personally going with a 3-way, and I'm going to use Ground Control camber and caster plates with the Ohlins setup. I will have pictures for you guys in a couple of weeks. Let me know your thoughts and interests. Ohlins is pretty excited to be doing this project and wants to get your feedback. That's all for now! I'll be back soon to update you all again.

I should have more info in the next couple of weeks....hang tight if you can. I know you're all pretty interested in seeing what develops here, and Ohlins is aware that we're getting close to racing season (esp since the weather down in the south has been so warm lately...it feels like spring already).