BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #23
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
mine has done it a couple of times, at first i was like WTF

I also have the air bag indent, hopefully both can be addressed at the next service
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #24
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

wow, never seen that before. you know you guys can all move to the west. it's much drier here you won't have the same problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #25
fwmcb
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i X-drive

Garage List
2010 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
wow, never seen that before. you know you guys can all move to the west. it's much drier here you won't have the same problem.
Yeah not to mention the lack of snow and better roads, I'd be game for that!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #26
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
If anyone thinks this is not an issue you have had BMW shoveling way to much shit down your throat.. This car should not do this and could damage the car in the long run...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #27
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
HAHHAHAHAHHA..... The airbag indent... ya they told me some shit about that.... I demanded for it to be fixed... SHIT the car is 4 months old and has marks on it from defects.... They keep refusing to fix it... Cus they said it will keep doing it... PS- The owner of BMW Sarasota came in that day to speak to me.... He was extremely nice...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #28
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
If anyone thinks this is not an issue you have had BMW shoveling way to much shit down your throat.. This car should not do this and could damage the car in the long run...
Oh, is that what it is?

Damn. I'm going to go brush and gargle.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 01:48 AM   #29
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yup try Listerine...

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 02:55 AM   #30
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

no condensation here but indentation on the airbag
after 1 replacement, I still got the indentation....
and dash rattled after the replacement, took the car in, and it was fixed....
it seems there is little piece of fabric squeezed in.... lol
no more rattle after and I will be ordering new dash just before my warranty expires in the future.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #31
slog
(.)
Rep
Drives: 135i

This happens a lot to me. Especially since i live in Atlanta where the humidity is always high.

I don't see the big deal. It's condensation...part of nature.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #32
ksparks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

someone post an passenger airbag delete DYI!

....joking
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #33
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yup try Listerine...
You bet. I'll get right on it, as soon as I finish this delicious drink...it's got a BMW logo and it tastes like cherry kool-aid.
Oooo....I feel woooozy.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #34
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
RPM90.. Hey Im being totally serious how pissed would you be if you bought a brand new 40k+ car... This all you wanted, you made it the way you liked and everyone is telling you how great it is going to be... You get the car and have noting but problems....

The only plus out of this is all of my friends think I have 3 or 4 BMWs cus I have had different loaners every month... Haha...

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #35
MikesBMW
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
^ haha
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #36
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
all AC will create the condensation given the right conditions, most do it in the dash where you cant see it, but it's still there. Our ac vents must touch the bottom of the dash pad so the condensation is on top, but it's also inside too, all around that vent

here's a picture of mine from this morning, mine only does it if I drive with the windows down and have the ac going, I prefer to drive this way
Very true. Even if the vents were located lower in the dash, condensation could/would still build up given the right conditions. You just wouldn't see is as obviously. If BMW failed anywhere, it's that they could have insulated the air ducts to help keep this from happening.
But, it's far from being such a poor engineering defect.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #37
BMW_x5_Msport
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5f15

Wow just happend to me the first time today!
premium package
sport package
comfort access
premium hi-fi system
navigation that plays dvds
real time trafic ect.
ipod,hd,sat,
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #38
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
RPM90.. Hey Im being totally serious how pissed would you be if you bought a brand new 40k+ car... This all you wanted, you made it the way you liked and everyone is telling you how great it is going to be... You get the car and have noting but problems....

The only plus out of this is all of my friends think I have 3 or 4 BMWs cus I have had different loaners every month... Haha...
Oh, I thought you were being funny. You know with all crap we BMW enthusiasts are eating, and all the Listerine kool aid we need to drink.

But, since we're being serious and all....I did buy a brand new $40K+ BMW.
And, it's been a great car so far. And, I too experiencing the condensation that we've been talking about, because I left my window open with the AC on full blast, and it was a HUMID day. Does it bother me? No.
Do I think BMW sucks because of it? No.

Sounds like you got a BMW that has some problems. Yes, that sucks.
But, not all of us have had a bad experience with our cars, and/or we don't take it as seriously as you do.

I have had long cranks. My TPMS system went out and my car was in the shop for 4 days. Within a week my AC stopped working.
I had a hard engine stutter that resulted in a "Service engine soon" light.
All of this was taken care of.

It sucks to have problems with a new car. I'm not disputing that.
But, I've been where you're at years ago, and have learned to be patient and calm with car problems. No matter how much money you spend on any car of any brand or any cost, things can and do break down.
The real test of satisfaction, as I've learned over the years, is how well the dealer and manufacturer respond and deal with the problems.
Just like you, I was given a loaner on every trouble trip, and the problems were fixed.

As far as the condensation issue, I don't think there will be a fix, other than to keep your windows closed when the AC is on, especially on humid days. Your indentation issue is a different matter. That is something you have to look at everyday. You should keep asking for it to be fixed, and if they don't, then perhaps try for a "lemon" if it bothers you that much.

One more thing. I prefer the condensation to appear on the outside of the dash where it can be wiped and dried off, than to have the condensation build up somewhere inside the dash where you wouldn't see it, and it might get mold growth if it wasn't dried up. That's a positive way to look at it.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #39
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
It sounds to me like u have a beef with me for some random reason because u have had constant insults with me (In other forums)... But for the first time some common sense came from u...

People talk about how great BMWs are but it is just ridiculous to hear so many problems with a car...

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 01:52 AM   #40
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
It sounds to me like u have a beef with me for some random reason because u have had constant insults with me (In other forums)... But for the first time some common sense came from u...

People talk about how great BMWs are but it is just ridiculous to hear so many problems with a car...
Beef?
Naw. I don't no u, jest watt u post.

Insults? U told me 2 get uh life, cause eye shuggested u should spell betr so that peeple can betr understand u.

There's a lot of common sense that comes from me, you just gotta want to see it.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #41
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
HAHA... I have never spelled that bad... But it is a forum... Not a paper for my Professor...

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #42
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
HAHA... I have never spelled that bad... But it is a forum... Not a paper for my Professor...
I'm exaggerating.

BTW, do you notice that even misspelled you can still read and understand what's being written? It's odd, but someone did a study and concluded that as long as the first and last letters are in place, our brain fills in and corrects the spelling as long as there is context.
Saems oxr briens are smeeiter than our spiieling.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 01:26 AM   #43
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Haha.. Ur killing me...

Appreciate 0