BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-29-2023, 03:26 AM   #1
moraa2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

F87 Low speed steering overboosted.

So my F87 LCI got a bunch of work done including a new steering rack and a possibly a software update (all my coding is gone). I’m guessing at some point someone in bavaria got the bright idea to make their EPAS feel like hydraulic assist (not in terms of feel but slop) because now my steering turns a quarter xender inch in either direction with barely any effort at low speeds. I know this is EPAS because because steering is tight as it should be when the car is off. Mode makes no difference. Is this a thing that came in a later F8x Istep? Can I make it stop?

Last edited by moraa2; 08-30-2023 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 11:57 AM   #2
gnuels
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Since you've done a bunch of work recently, could it be just in need of an alignment? If you replaced the steering rack they probably had to touch the tie rods. That could lead to your toe being off and make your car want to turn in more.
Appreciate 0