BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
cjswee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Status:111

Sorry to beat a dead horse..

..Somewhere in this forum there is a link on a product that seals wheels...?
Anyone know the link that was posted by a professional detailing shop..It's hideen in one of these links and I don't remember the name of the product...
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

There are all manner of products, including anything that you'd use on paint. There's a product called Wheel Wax that you might be thinking of, but since wheels get hot and carnauba wax melts at around 200 degrees F, it's not exactly a durable product. Many of us use a sealant on our wheels and Armor All Wheel Protectant on top of that, it's been the only thing that keeps the wheels semi-clean for weeks, at least that I've found.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Great reply, but may I correct him in saying carnuaba has a melting point of around 180 degrees. Armor All Wheel Protectant is some AMAZING stuff and I use it on my own wheels as well as customer's wheels all the time.

Carnuaba based wheel protectants do help, but with synthetic products being easier to apply, quicker to apply, and potentially lasting a bit longer while keeping your wheel cleaner (sealants usually have a slicker feel to them than waxes), I think your best best is a sealant.
Appreciate 0