BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-10-2014, 05:30 AM   #1
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Eibach Pro Street S & Bilstein B14 Coilovers

Does anyone have anything to say about either coilover option?

I ask as I can pull either back from my trips to the EU A LOT cheaper than it is to buy them domestically and as they are both respectable brands I'd be happy using them. Both as far as I know are not damping adjustable which is fine as I am not a regular track user.

I am lead to believe that the Eibach Pro-Street S uses KW V1 INOX Shocks but Eibach's own progressive springs which make for a more comfortable ride than the KW V1. I've ridden with KW V1's before and they felt good although quite stiff.

I'm pretty sure someone will come in and say "Get ST coilovers" (branded Weitec over here) and although I know that they get praise on here for those who wish to stiffen the ride and get down low, they really aren't any cheaper than I can pick up some 'better' Eibach's or Bilsteins from the mainland. KW's lowest quality, cheaper, budget brand, is called AP but these are only zinc coated shocks which is no good for our very varied climate; they also come with rock hard spring rates.

I've heard of people before having issues with the wheel rubbing the coilover shock. Is this the case all the time?

Last edited by Cozy; 02-10-2014 at 05:39 AM..
Appreciate 0