BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
QSH17Z
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F06 640d Gran Coupe

First ever HPFP issue on 125i - well obviously not but close!

One month to the day of my roo incident I found myself once again calling roadside assistance for another tow. Car just suddenly started to hesitate and revs were fluctuating wildly and threatening to stall. Was raining extremely hard so I thought that it may have somehow sucked up some water given the amount of flooding over the road. Pulled over asap and shut it down. Pouring down so much so I managed to start it again and attempted to drive it barely 400m further to a servo I could see. Made it only around 350m before completely dying and absolutely refusing to start ever again! Had to get some guys (Mate if it was a Holden or a Ford we could help you but its a Beemer...me having to plead with them...)to help push it off the road for god sake! JOY!!! JOY!!! JOY!!! Shortly before this point I wondered if the problem was related to me filling up just moments earlier at a different servo. Found out the next day that suspicion was indeed correct and that my tank contained a higher proportion of water than PULP! Haven't even finalised the repairs from the roo incident yet and it's off the road now for at least the next four weeks with parts to come from Germany and all. Needs a complete replacement of the entire fuel system at around $7000 currently estimated. I asked about possible engine damage but because it won't start that pain will come later on. So, I'm thinking it will be a lengthy and very costly exercise! I have all the luck haha! Wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if I didn't have such a passion for my car...anyone wanna buy a lightly used "always garaged" 125i Maybe I should look at removing my numberplates too or am I getting paranoid now?! What adventure will I encounter next? I just knew I should've waited a few days longer to take delivery of my car instead of on April Fools Day
      11-22-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSH17Z View Post
One month to the day of my roo incident I found myself once again calling roadside assistance for another tow. Car just suddenly started to hesitate and revs were fluctuating wildly and threatening to stall. Was raining extremely hard so I thought that it may have somehow sucked up some water given the amount of flooding over the road. Pulled over asap and shut it down. Pouring down so much so I managed to start it again and attempted to drive it barely 400m further to a servo I could see. Made it only around 350m before completely dying and absolutely refusing to start ever again! Had to get some guys (Mate if it was a Holden or a Ford we could help you but its a Beemer...me having to plead with them...)to help push it off the road for god sake! JOY!!! JOY!!! JOY!!! Shortly before this point I wondered if the problem was related to me filling up just moments earlier at a different servo. Found out the next day that suspicion was indeed correct and that my tank contained a higher proportion of water than PULP! Haven't even finalised the repairs from the roo incident yet and it's off the road now for at least the next four weeks with parts to come from Germany and all. Needs a complete replacement of the entire fuel system at around $7000 currently estimated. I asked about possible engine damage but because it won't start that pain will come later on. So, I'm thinking it will be a lengthy and very costly exercise! I have all the luck haha! Wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if I didn't have such a passion for my car...anyone wanna buy a lightly used "always garaged" 125i Maybe I should look at removing my numberplates too or am I getting paranoid now?! What adventure will I encounter next? I just knew I should've waited a few days longer to take delivery of my car instead of on April Fools Day
Ouch! That's some tough luck mate. Do you still have the receipt from the servo you filled up at last? More water than fuel in your tank is pretty god damn ridiculous.

You definitely should be able to recover some of your loss from them. Threaten the station with some legal action and see how they react.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Sorry to hear what happened, that's some really bad luck you've been having lately and you've taken it really well. That's very unusual that your tank had water in it. Which servo did you fill at? I hope you get your car back on the road again and running like new again so we can catch up at the next cruise.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

That's just really bad luck mate. Really sorry to hear this.

Know it's not going to mean much, but ultimately really crap things do happen and all we can do is move on - getting worked up abs frustrated over it, just makes it worse. I myself don't always follow this mantra but when I do, I find it helps more than an over-reaction. Could have been a lot worse if the power cut out at a less fortunate time.

On another note, there's no way you could have put water in your fuel tank and hence is definitely the fuel stations fault. If you don't have the receipt, you can always subpoena the surveillance footage, proving you filled up.

Also, is this stuff covered under comprehensive insurance??
      11-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
That's just really bad luck mate. Really sorry to hear this.

Know it's not going to mean much, but ultimately really crap things do happen and all we can do is move on - getting worked up abs frustrated over it, just makes it worse. I myself don't always follow this mantra but when I do, I find it helps more than an over-reaction. Could have been a lot worse if the power cut out at a less fortunate time.

On another note, there's no way you could have put water in your fuel tank and hence is definitely the fuel stations fault. If you don't have the receipt, you can always subpoena the surveillance footage, proving you filled up.

Also, is this stuff covered under comprehensive insurance??
You probably don't need to subpoena anything.

If you are covered under comprehensive insurance just provide the service station's details to your insurer and they will handle it.

Last edited by Taymaishu; 11-22-2010 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 02:49 AM   #6
QSH17Z
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F06 640d Gran Coupe

Yep, keep all my receipts religiously! I'll say as much as the servo was a 7 Eleven branded outlet. No surprise to know that I will not be going near them again. Luckily damage is covered by my insurance but my out of pocket expenses will have to be claimed directly from 7 Eleven. They seem to have been ok about it but probably only because there have been a number of other complaints the same as mine.

All I want is my car back so I can revel in driving it again. Rental cars are no fun whatsoever!