BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Berk Full Street Exhaust + 4" DP + Burger Can Tool Install/Review (56k Beware!)

On Wednesday I made the 80mile drive over to HP Autowerks to have my Berk Full Street Exhaust, 4" DP to be installed as well as buy the Burger Can Tool.

So first here are the pics:

My car up on the lift with Chris working on it:

Stock exhaust removed which btw was much much heavier than the Berk Street Full Exhaust:

Shiny new Berk Exhaust:

First piece of the exhaust put on:

Berk Exhaust Installed:

Bonus Pics of Harold's 1M and shop's Porsche:

Review:

I personally live in a gated community with a shared parking structure so I do not have my own garage thus I cannot work on the car myself. I did a lot of research before choosing a shop to work on my car. I found Harold from HP Autowerks to be extremely knowledgeable and and informative. He didn't try to sell me any extra parts and answered all my questions in a very timely manner.

I have put on about 200 miles since getting the DP + Exhaust combo and let me say it just keeps getting better and better. I am now noticing a much deeper sound and more exhaust burble on deceleration which I love. It is safe to say I can definitely feel the power increase after getting the DP + Full exhaust and the car seems to be much much smoother in the turbo spool and in general day to day driving.

I was at first concerned since some people said it would smell like gas on the inside due to the catless DP but let me tell you I have not experienced that. It might be due to the fact that I never roll down my windows since I just use the AC.

Also because of the catless DP I knew I might get error codes once in a while so I picked up the Burger Can Tool from Harold and left it plugged into my port and put it underneath the mat so you can't even see it. We also put it on the auto delete function and it has been 3 days and I have not seen any codes because the car automatically deletes the emission codes.

Just today I went to go get my car detailed in preparation to Bimmerfest tomorrow and the guy pulling the car out of the wash came up to me and started asking me what I have on the car because to quote him "i just pressed it a little and it sounded so mean"

I am extremely happy with my purchase and my choices. I would recommend the Berk Full Street Exhaust/Burger Can Tool to anyone as well as HP Autowerks because they did an amazing job installing everything.

P.S. I will be at Bimmerfest on Saturday if anyone would like to hear the car or receive a ride. Hopefully Harold save's me a spot next to his shop cars so I will park there.

Last edited by cooler2442; 05-14-2011 at 08:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
oman135
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Congrats !
How loud is it ?! with the Dp
      05-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman135 View Post
Congrats !
How loud is it ?! with the Dp
It is pretty loud when your just accelerating at low speed such as 5-30mph but its a good kind of loud. Really sounds like you have a V8. But then its also quiet if you want it to be when your cruising. So people will definitely hear you coming.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
128vert
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63

Didn't see any pics of the DP. Or did you mean catless midpipe?

Any drone with this system?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
FedeM
Made in Italy
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Former 135i

Garage List
2007 BMW 135i  [7.40]
Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 128vert View Post
Didn't see any pics of the DP. Or did you mean catless midpipe?

Any drone with this system?
No, I mean a DP. I either forgot to take a picture of it or it some how went missing on my phone. It is the N55 iCarbon catless DP and then full Berk street exhaust.

To be honest about Drone, I do experience some but it really just depends which speed your at. Like say if I put cruise at 60-65 then I can hear a bit of drone but at 70-80 I am not getting any. But I saw someone else post about it with the same setup as me and they said after you do a 900mile break in that there drone was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuCcIo View Post
Congrats!
Thanks, I am loving it. Especially the burble noises on deceleration and the downshifting noises when I am in manual mode.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #7
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Here are some pics of my car from Bimmerfest since I finally had it detailed and some pics of the awesome BMW's at the show.

My car:

BMW USA Art Car:

Awesome Porsche:

Other nice BMW's at the show:

Apparently this is an M5:

And shout out to the vendors that make my car a blast to be driven:

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

You mind posting a video? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #9
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
You mind posting a video? Thanks!
I have an extremely busy week coming up but I could try if I can find some free time. What kind of video would you like? Drive by? Start up / Rev? Interior Sound? I don't have editing skills so I don't think I could make one of everything.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #10
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Well you can always just do a start up, then take the camera inside, rev it up a little bit, set the camera down a do a drive by. I'm looking to slap this on as soon as I get my car and I'd like to see more. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #11
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
Well you can always just do a start up, then take the camera inside, rev it up a little bit, set the camera down a do a drive by. I'm looking to slap this on as soon as I get my car and I'd like to see more. Thanks!
I plan to pickup a GoPro HD Camera once Amazon gets it back in stock / drops the price a bit. So will get both an exterior and interior video when I get that camera.

But here are some pics of my new mod, Carbon Grills. Figured it isn't a big enough of a mod to start its own thread.

I used this DIY thread to help me out:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210582
Appreciate 0