BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #45
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
However, I do agree that Pope Ratzinger deserves a one-off for his retirement, hell they could even call it a 2014 model if he desires so
Would be epic to see him in a special Individual Imola cardinal red 1 M with white interior and red piping, drifting for a couple of laps around St. Peter's Square in a cordoned off area at Vatican City, then coming to a stop and lighting up the rears giving off white smoke announcing a new Pope has been chosen.

A new tradition is born!

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #46
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Former Pope JP II got the ultimate Ferrari Enzo as I recall.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #47
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Pope Benedict XVI's last car he owned was a '99 VW Golf. (I think it was a 1.6 gas model too) It sold on ebay.de for pricey sum of 188,938 EURO's!!!

http://pages.ebay.in/community/about.../popescar.html
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #48
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Pope Benedict XVI's last car he owned was a '99 VW Golf. (I think it was a 1.6 gas model too) It sold on ebay.de for pricey sum of 188,938 EURO's!!!

http://pages.ebay.in/community/about.../popescar.html
Holy [censored]!

I remember that car being sold. 189k euros. That's a lot of money for some Fahrvergnügen.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #49
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Would be epic to see him in a special Individual Imola cardinal red 1 M with white interior and red piping, drifting for a couple of laps around St. Peter's Square in a cordoned off area at Vatican City, then coming to a stop and lighting up the rears giving off white smoke announcing a new Pope has been chosen.

A new tradition is born!

I don't know if it is a good thing or bad but I can totally imagine it as you pictured so eloquently, thanks big time for that image

Around the St. Peter's Square, yes! I have been there last July by the way. The real reason why Bernini designed it like that must be it was a very early Nascar track prototype!
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #50
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
At this point I can neither confirm or deny.... But technically the E82 Coupe body remains in production until the summer at least so it would not be difficult to do.
If a one-off for a special occasion or perk?
Somebody at BMW has a Techno Violet 1M. And that really suits the car.
Scott, you were not supposed to disclose any embargoed info re the secret 2013 1M CSL limited production run. Got to wait till April 1, 2013 to surprise the BMW fanbase.
      02-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #51
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
One guy recently posted that he is considering buying the very very last 1M...in Saudi Arabia. We all backed his enthusiasm here and told him to buy it without delay. So maybe that's the real last 1M?
See: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=803142
      02-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #52
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Around the St. Peter's Square, yes! I have been there last July by the way.
We were in Rome two years ago, we left our car in Siena and went by minibus. A pity the Pope wasn't home when I knocked LOL. My wife is more catholic than the Pope himself almost (Colombian you know it LOL) totally overwhelmed by the 'greatness' of all....

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #53
Pentium
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Great car! It will be missed
      02-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #54
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post

A new tradition is born!

The mental image is priceless.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #55
Butse
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2013 1 M coupe

Smile

Hey, i have my 1 M coupe now for 3 weeks.from 7/7/2013, so i think i have the last one.correct my if i am wrong!i hope It is THE last one,That makes my car more special than It already is! i have now 700 km another 1300 km and i can See what It can do!... Sorry for my bad english
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 03:18 AM   #56
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butse View Post
Hey, i have my 1 M coupe now for 3 weeks.from 7/7/2013, so i think i have the last one.correct my if i am wrong!i hope It is THE last one,That makes my car more special than It already is! i have now 700 km another 1300 km and i can See what It can do!... Sorry for my bad english
Welcome and congrats, fellow country man !

How many kilometer was on the odometer when you got it ?
      07-28-2013, 03:53 AM   #57
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Quote:

Wow brandnew????? must have been hidden in a vault at a dealership.

Congrats and welcome
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #58
Butse
Belgium
Rep

@ artemis 0 km It was a legal case and after 13 months the judge puts it back on THE market!i was THE first That signed THE papers of 6 people that wanted the car. I waited a long time for my babyM, now its Mine !!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #59
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
@ artemis 0 km It was a legal case and after 13 months the judge puts it back on THE market!i was THE first That signed THE papers of 6 people that wanted the car. I waited a long time for my babyM, now its Mine !!!!!!!
Sounds like the plot of an amazing "cease and desist" story ("action en cessation" / "stakingsvordering") to avoid the transfer of (property) title of the car to someone else than to you. Normally if it gets a little too hot for someone who cannot enforce some commitment (in your case nrs. 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 on the list) it happens that they try to buy you out. Seems that you prevailed. Fascinating.

0 km ? Then you must have collected your 1M at "BMW Welt" ? Was it immobilized over there all the time ?

Oh, and the Oscar went to which color ?
      07-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #60
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Congratulations, but I got to say...there may be others like that around the Globe, still waiting, especially in South America, they had a problem to sell certain extra allocations in a few countries like Colombia; typical wrong allocations, a lot of markets can't have enough of it while in some others dealers don't know what to do about their allocations. Production-wise I guess the last car (production ended on 29th of June 2012 if I remember the date correctly) went to somewhere in Latin America too.

For now, yours seem to be the "last 0 km. 1M" delivered to a customer. Enjoy this honor while you can

A question: did you check your car's actual production date from bmwarchive web site?

If you didn't, you can do it below and learn a lot of 100% accurate data about your car including the actual production day, ordered options etc. Here is the link, just put last seven digit of your car's VIN inside the box you will see, you can save the data as a pdf too:

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

Tell us later, how long your 1M waited for its first home?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #61
Slats
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M & 1997 M3

Quote:
A question: did you check your car's actual production date from bmwarchive web site?

...... just put last seven digit of your car's VIN inside the box you will see, you can save the data as a pdf too:

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html
I tried this, to no avail. Apparently that orange thing sitting out back in my garage is just a figment of my imagination.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #62
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats View Post
I tried this, to no avail. Apparently that orange thing sitting out back in my garage is just a figment of my imagination.
So yours is really 1 of 1, or better even: 1 of 0!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 01:47 AM   #63
Butse
Belgium
Rep

Its a AW one.i collected him in my dealership in Belgium with 1 km,THE link dont want to go
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 01:49 AM   #64
Butse
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Mine too
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #65
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Try this link. Type the last 7 figures of your VIN code (which features on your car docs and is also stamped into the engine bay at the passenger side (and in some countries - such as Belgium - is also visible on the lowest part of the windscreen).

http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/

If the VIN does not work, there is likely an issue with your car, because this database is legitimate, up to date and pretty complete.
      07-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #66
Slats
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M & 1997 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
If the VIN does not work, there is likely an issue with your car, because this database is legitimate, up to date and pretty complete.
I double-checked the vin on dashboard (through lower corner of windshield), the vin on window sticker and the vin on title. All were consistent. When I entered the last seven figures into the box, I got this message back:

"No data related to (last seven) was found!"

Go figure.
Appreciate 0