BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #23
CGMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisapimp View Post
Rob Daman said: "if it's a legit problem the code would return even after clearing it."

That's how you should "approach" this, to answer your original question. Uninstall your tune, drive the car around the way you drive it, and if the code comes back, take it to the dealer and get it addressed under your warranty or CPO agreement. If it only throws the code when your tune is installed, then suck it up and take the fall or diagnose it yourself and improve it.

Sorry if that comes across as bitchy. I have my man-period.
QFT! Clear your code and uninstall the tune, if it comes back, then take it in. If it doesnt come back, it was your tune. A misfire is probably a sparkplug or coilpack.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #24
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
Talk to your service manager. I asked him before I modded anything. I told him my plans and asked if I would be denied any type of warranty. He said if it's because I messed it up then yes, fried wiring was his example from installing something like a radio or alarm. But with the mechanical side he said if it's from a defective part then they'll fix it, tune or not. He even offered a goodwill fix for a misfire after my warranty but I found the problem and fixed it myself. Running higher than stock boost levels, I couldn't see that causing a coil to go bad or etc. talk to the dealer. Find out there stance on it. They might say leave it in so they can properly diagnose it. Maybe not. They might take kindly to the fact you weren't trying to bs them and maybe try to help you. If they say they will not do any work to any modified car then you know that you have to take it out and clear all codes, get it to happen again and then take it in. I understand your trying to find a way to not have to clear it. I don't think that's possible. Tell the service person you have the problem but you've done some research and you might now what it is. Then try to rule out the tune and get the code to comeback without it. If it does you can tell them your idea didn't work. Atleast then they see you trying to fix it on your own and not take advantage of them. To answer your question you can't just keep one code on there. It's all or nothing and if they're all on there they might find one they don't like. Now you have to choose between your options.

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0