BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-16-2009, 01:50 AM   #1
wa128
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 135i DCT

H&R OE sport springs added to Koni FSDs

Well I finally got around to having the OEM non-sport springs swapped out for H&R OE sports to go along with my FSDs. It was a toss up between the Eibach's more agressive and even drop or the H&R's less agressive drop and slightly raked stance. I liked the less agressive drop. The front dropped 15/16 of an inch; the rear only 5/16. It would have been nice if the rear dropped an additional 3/16 but no big deal; I won't lose sleep over it.

What was more important was the performance aspect. You can't go wrong with either the H&R or the Eibach, I believe. The H&R OE with the FSDs will not disappoint for a daily driven car. I had the FSDs installed awhile back and they reduced much of the choppiness of the stock suspension. Adding the H&Rs sweetened the package. The ride is even firmer but surprisingly still very, very comfortable; not harsh at all. You will feel more bumps in the road but no harshness. I think the FSDs take the credit here. Plus there is hardly any feeling of being tossed around.

I took a sweeping right turning freeway on ramp today. I entered the turn a little late but not at some crazy speed. With just the FSDs and stock springs the car would exhibit a little understeer but remain steadfast. The H&Rs seemed to reduce that understeer somewhat as the car felt level and planted; not once feeling that the car would break loose underneath. The car just keep turning. That's when I knew I made the right choice in springs.

Okay, on to some pictures. I did not add a Before shot of the rear as the 5/16 inch drop is barely noticeable.
Attached Images

07-16-2009, 02:09 AM   #2
BSM 135i
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' BSM E82

nicee! i didn't think the drop was gunna be that low, i like it a lot.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

my stock rear height looks similar to your after drop height....
front looks good!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

The front drop looks just like my Eibachs. I agree the FSD is a great shock.
Appreciate 0