BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-30-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
OLEK135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

TPMS Transmitter covered by extended warranty?

I have the BMW Platinum extended warranty and I was curious if the transmitter in the car for tpms is covered. The tpms sensor light in my car was on so I replaced the sensors when I got new tires for my car at tirerack which to my dismay did not correct the problem. After a few hours at Tirerack and multiple people trying to reset the light, one of the guys from the tech department determined that the transmitter in the car is not working as the brand new tpms sensors did work (he showed me on a tool he had that showed they were transmitting). I am hoping somebody on the forum knows before I contact BMWNA. Want to make sure that the dealership does not rip me off.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

There are TWO types of TPMS freq. Did you get the correct ones?

You could also have your TPMS system coded to the EU standards, which use the car's ABS sensors to detect a low tire. Would be much cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 12:44 PM   #3
OLEK135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Update: If you have the platinum extended warranty, your tpms sensors are covered under warranty. Went to the dealer, and according to them, one of the new sensors installed by Tirerack is not transmitting. Next time I am in the South Bend area (where Tirerack is located), I plan on having the Tirerack tpms sensors removed and returned and have my original tpms sensors put back on at which point I will return to the dealer and have them replace any faulty parts under warranty. Hopefully I wont have to pay for labor at the tirerack. I hate tpms sensors
Appreciate 0