BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-03-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
Stashie
Registered
Rep
Drives:

when will BMW unveil the 2 - series?

hello!

i'm new here (from norway), and i've tried to search for news when the 2-series is due for release. i'm afraid i haven't found out anything, so i wondered if any of you guys could tell me this?

cheers!

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
bryan@mwerks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

The 1 Series Coupe is expected to make its debut at Geneva in March of next year. It is unlikely it will be called the 2 Series however.
      08-28-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
Will L.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

Garage List
2001 Ducati 750 Sport  [0.00]
2003 Z4  [7.00]
Any chance we'll get anything at the Paris show? That's coming soon, isn't it? Anyone know the date?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #4
bryan@mwerks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyhoov
Any chance we'll get anything at the Paris show? That's coming soon, isn't it? Anyone know the date?
Paris is less than a month away, 30 September to 14 October. I'll be there on the press days beforehand, so if anything breaks I'll post. 3-door may be shown at Paris, but coupe isn't expected until spring.
      08-29-2006, 07:25 PM   #5
Will L.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

Garage List
2001 Ducati 750 Sport  [0.00]
2003 Z4  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan@mwerks
Paris is less than a month away, 30 September to 14 October. I'll be there on the press days beforehand, so if anything breaks I'll post. 3-door may be shown at Paris, but coupe isn't expected until spring.
Cool! I'd like to see anything you find. Any chance the M3 or 3-series Cabrio will break cover? I'd be interested in seeing any of those. I'm trying to talk my wife into getting the M3.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #6
bryan@mwerks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyhoov
Cool! I'd like to see anything you find. Any chance the M3 or 3-series Cabrio will break cover? I'd be interested in seeing any of those. I'm trying to talk my wife into getting the M3.
Those are also expected at Geneva in the spring.
      09-29-2006, 05:55 AM   #7
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

The 3 door wil be there in march 2007 but my quess is we will not see the coupe until 2008 and maybe we will never see the coupe. Because i haven t seen any spy pics of the coupe ever. Only fantasy cars and photoshops.

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2006, 07:41 AM   #8
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Re: SPY PHOTOS: BMW 135ti
Quote:Originally Posted by AdvEvoSept.29/006 GCF.com

when can we expect the first spy pics of 2er coupe. all we see are cabrio pics or coupe pics with cabrio fake roofs.

EniLab: “I hope soon - like I told you: cabrio will be launched first + more development work due different chassis / body solutions than coupe + more development work due folding roof.

Coupe will need less final development time since it will have almost identical body & chassis solutions to 3dr hatch:
right now almost all the tests for coupe solutions are performed in a 3dr hatch prototypes. Coupe will get its original body panels in FEP phases.”

AdvEvo: Lots of talk going on that the 3 door hatch will be coupe.

EniLab : “Wrong. There will be 3dr 1er hatch (beside 5dr) AND 2dr 2er coupe (and cabrio).
I guess the rumours of upcoming small coupe, the lack of coupe prototypes on the roads, and information that 3dr hatch have coupe's chais & body solutions make some people think that 1er 3dr hatch = coupe.
But this is not the case.

Most mags also have wrong info on 2er cabrio: most think it will be bagded as 1er. It won't. It will wear 2er badge.
Also the unknown shift: offering cabrio before coupe also makes people believe there will be no coupe, just a 3dr 1er hatch.
Also most mags are wrong about the 2er cabrio launch: it won't come in Spring 2008 like many mags says, but much earlier - in late Spring / early Summer 2007.”
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2006, 08:19 AM   #9
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

Yes brookeside i know. But i can write such text also. I want proof.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2006, 02:23 PM   #10
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo
Yes brookeside i know. But i can write such text also. I want proof.

"And those whose hearts are fixed on Reality itself deserve the title of Philosophers." (Plato, Republic, 380BC )

I frequently quote EniLab here on the site...mostly because I think he has access to “inside” information from BMW.
That’s the reason I used his quote (and your questions) in this thread and the appearance of those quotes was merely a coincidence of timing
rather than any implied disrespect towards you or your comments.

But speaking of the veracity of EniLab we only have to wait to see if the cabrio appears before the coupe.
That logic goes against my own sense of the way new models are introduced...hardtop first followed by roadster/cabrio configuration.

There’s other reasons I think EniLab’s observations are timely:
I’ve often wondered who is feeding EniLab with info and what are the motives?
Does he pass along dis-information that is deliberately designed to solidify decisions going on inside BMW?
These forums are the perfect formats for anyone who wants to monitor them and glean virtually free information
as to preferences and expectations; basically a world-wide focus group that weighs in
with their opinions on a very specific subject that the group is knowledgeable about and willing to express their thoughts.

The other thing that EniLab does is relieve the pressure some
(perhaps even on this site) who have real information decline to reveal for various reasons...it really doesn’t matter.
EniLab lifts a burden and advances the ongoing dialogue.

When the “2” finally sees the light of day the forum will evolve into
conversations about options, about the kind of everyday chatter most of us like to do when talking about our cars.
Right now, before we even have a bonafide image of the car is probably the sweetest time in the evolution of the site- from speculation to reality.
And the people who’ve contributed to the present dialogue are the real hardcore folks who’ll carry the thing forward.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #11
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I agree with you completely about Enilab. I remember hearing things from him back on the bimmerfest site and they always seemed to me to be something resembling gorilla marketing of some type. Very innovative indeed.

With regards to the 2, I cannot wait until the day. Hopefully that day comes sooner, not later :iono:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside
"And those whose hearts are fixed on Reality itself deserve the title of Philosophers." (Plato, Republic, 380BC )

I frequently quote EniLab here on the site...mostly because I think he has access to “inside” information from BMW.
That’s the reason I used his quote (and your questions) in this thread and the appearance of those quotes was merely a coincidence of timing
rather than any implied disrespect towards you or your comments.

But speaking of the veracity of EniLab we only have to wait to see if the cabrio appears before the coupe.
That logic goes against my own sense of the way new models are introduced...hardtop first followed by roadster/cabrio configuration.

There’s other reasons I think EniLab’s observations are timely:
I’ve often wondered who is feeding EniLab with info and what are the motives?
Does he pass along dis-information that is deliberately designed to solidify decisions going on inside BMW?
These forums are the perfect formats for anyone who wants to monitor them and glean virtually free information
as to preferences and expectations; basically a world-wide focus group that weighs in
with their opinions on a very specific subject that the group is knowledgeable about and willing to express their thoughts.

The other thing that EniLab does is relieve the pressure some
(perhaps even on this site) who have real information decline to reveal for various reasons...it really doesn’t matter.
EniLab lifts a burden and advances the ongoing dialogue.

When the “2” finally sees the light of day the forum will evolve into
conversations about options, about the kind of everyday chatter most of us like to do when talking about our cars.
Right now, before we even have a bonafide image of the car is probably the sweetest time in the evolution of the site- from speculation to reality.
And the people who’ve contributed to the present dialogue are the real hardcore folks who’ll carry the thing forward.
Appreciate 0