Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM1N View Post
Removed it about 1000 miles ago.

I just got back from the dealership and a road test with the shop foreman. He said that he notices some slipping but the car is safe to drive for now and I scheduled a drop off on Monday. I'll be honest and say I'm not too comfortable with the result. At first the foreman was like I "I'd like to compare this to another manual car we have" -he was referring to the abnormal jumping in rpm's when he gunned it. And my response was "no, you don't understand I know my car and this is NOT normal" he seemed to not know too much considering how obvious it was that theres something wrong. The only positive thing about this I guess is that it only happens when I floor it, which I will obviously avoid till Monday.

Now tell me, would you people say that I should avoid driving the car by all costs till Monday? This is my only car so I'll have to figure out other arrangements for the rest of the week and weekend

I wonder IF on Monday the dealer will call you to tell you the clutch is Ok bc there are no "codes" thrown! Remember the 135i guy last year who bought a used car and one week later his clutch was toast. His dealer first told him no codes no new clutch. What BS. He got them to replace his clutch under warranty.

Good Luck,
Dackel
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #24
VO695
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Can anyone tell me what the heck is CDV?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #25
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO695 View Post
Can anyone tell me what the heck is CDV?
clutch delay valve
Appreciate 0