BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

COBB Tuning AccessPORT Firmware Update for BMW

We've added a few additional ROMs to the BMW firmware. Be sure to update your firmware prior to install to ensure you have all of the latest ROMs that have been added. We will be adding ROMs as they come in.

To update your AccessPORT to this latest firmware version, download AccessPORT Manager 2.0, connect your AccessPORT to your PC or MAC and then select check for firmware update. The AccessPORT will then update to the latest firmware.

Do note that there may be some ROM versions that this update does not support. If you should encounter an unknown ROM, please follow the ROM dump procedures on the AccessPORT and we will add functionality as quickly as possible!

Added vehicle support for the following roms:
  • 0044CC0IGD0SIFP5S
  • 0044CC0IJE0SITA2S
  • 0044CC0IJE0SITB1S
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
bmxcamel
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI, G01 m40i, E90 M3

Had my ROM sent to you guys today from the so-cal cobb -- got an unrecognized rom error when trying to install. Hope you add functionality for this ROM soon!

Any clue when these updates will generally be released? I'm really itching to try this thing out
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
Black Sheep
A Zip an a Double Cup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Mac support... I like

PTF Tuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxcamel View Post
Had my ROM sent to you guys today from the so-cal cobb -- got an unrecognized rom error when trying to install. Hope you add functionality for this ROM soon!

Any clue when these updates will generally be released? I'm really itching to try this thing out
bmxcamel,

We're targeting a 5 business day turn around time to incorporate new ROMs. Once you email a newly discovered ROM, our engineering team will incorporate it into the firmware, then send you an email to update your AccessPORT to a beta version. Once we confirm that the AccessPORT recognizes your ECU and completes the install process, we'll roll that firmware out for general release.

Thanks!

Gary
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
bmxcamel
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI, G01 m40i, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
bmxcamel,

We're targeting a 5 business day turn around time to incorporate new ROMs. Once you email a newly discovered ROM, our engineering team will incorporate it into the firmware, then send you an email to update your AccessPORT to a beta version. Once we confirm that the AccessPORT recognizes your ECU and completes the install process, we'll roll that firmware out for general release.

Thanks!

Gary
Great, I just re-emailed the ROM file to rom@cobbtuning.com. Danny should've sent it yesterday, but I just want to ensure you received it!
Appreciate 0