E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Hong Kong members, please sign in here for a meet!

Closed Thread

06-08-2006, 03:36 AM   #1607
kelvinso
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i E90 TiAg/Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquare
Guys,

I noticed a small leather defect in the middle back seat of my car when I took delivery. Happy to inform that bmw just called and told me that they are willing to change the whole leather for the back seat . Need to wait for 3 weeks to arrive though.
I have got similar experience. One of my headrest has a minor defect for the leather. But I need to wait 4 months before the replacement from BMWHK was delivered.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 03:57 AM   #1608
HO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

I want to share my experience in installing the rear spoiler DIY. Betalink kit includes glue, sandpaper, spatula and BetaClean. Betaclean is actually a bottle of gasoline ( use to fill up the lighters). You need to clean both surfaces before applying the glue . The most critical step is to hold the spoiler in position by using a clamp and keep it for a least 12 hrs.

For the first time, I only used strong tape to hold it in position and it popped up immediately. Then I reapplied the glue and using a clamp to fix it for 6 hrs( as suggested by menu) and end up in popping up again after a few hr. Finally, I removed the glue residue from the end ,reapplied the glue and clamped it overnight. Up till now, the spoiler still in position.

I have asked my friend who work in BMW and know that they use glue ( which also use to stick the edge of window) to stick the spoiler and bodykit and he thinks Betalink is similar product to that. You can try to buy it in 五金店 and buy the black coloured glue which use to stick the window.

Will post some close up pic of my installed spoiler later.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 04:14 AM   #1609
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: from Deutchland

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO
I want to share my experience in installing the rear spoiler DIY. Betalink kit includes glue, sandpaper, spatula and BetaClean. Betaclean is actually a bottle of gasoline ( use to fill up the lighters). You need to clean both surfaces before applying the glue . The most critical step is to hold the spoiler in position by using a clamp and keep it for a least 12 hrs.

For the first time, I only used strong tape to hold it in position and it popped up immediately. Then I reapplied the glue and using a clamp to fix it for 6 hrs( as suggested by menu) and end up in popping up again after a few hr. Finally, I removed the glue residue from the end ,reapplied the glue and clamped it overnight. Up till now, the spoiler still in position.

I have asked my friend who work in BMW and know that they use glue ( which also use to stick the edge of window) to stick the spoiler and bodykit and he thinks Betalink is similar product to that. You can try to buy it in 五金店 and buy the black coloured glue which use to stick the window.

Will post some close up pic of my installed spoiler later.
Thanks HO for the tips. I think it will be more difficult to glue it in place since the humidity is quite high nowadays and it may take longer time to cure.

So, you had clamps on your car overnight when you install the spoiler? Your neighbors should think "what the hell is going on" when they see your car
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 04:24 AM   #1610
HO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Sport
Thanks HO for the tips. I think it will be more difficult to glue it in place since the humidity is quite high nowadays and it may take longer time to cure.

So, you had clamps on your car overnight when you install the spoiler? Your neighbors should think "what the hell is going on" when they see your car

RD Sport,

Actually I need to say thank you to you as you give me some ideas about the available mod. stuffs like shark fin & rear spoiler. I knew little about them when I got my brand new E90 last year.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 04:35 AM   #1611
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO
RD Sport,

Actually I need to say thank you to you as you give me some ideas about the available mod. stuffs like shark fin & rear spoiler. I knew little about them when I got my brand new E90 last year.
shit me, seems i am the most "evil" man here
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 04:58 AM   #1612
ksquare
Captain
Rep
Drives: 535 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuE90
I remember you told me about the defect when we met last time.....but couldn't remember what kind of defect?

So, they are going to change the whole rear seat for you? or just repair it with the geniune leather?

For my car, I have noticed the leather (at the back of the front passenger seat) is all wrinkled up.....while the same portion at the driver side is perfectly smooth. I wonder whether this is a defect?...or it is normal.
It's a natural defect. There was a lumpy part of leather, like having chicken pox. They are going to change only the whole bottom part of the rear seats (where we put our bums on). The back that we lean on will remain.

I really think you should have a real chat with bmw. You've got the annoying rattling noise, the rubber/synthetic panel issue and now the front passenger seats. The back of the front seats should be smooth. Only the part where we put our bums on should have some "extra" leather.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 05:07 AM   #1613
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Quote:
shit me, seems i am the most "evil" man here
Not just you. It's you and cnt!!!

Now you guys make me want to get the shark's fin as well. I've got a feeling my wife's gonna BUMP me out of the house soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 05:28 AM   #1614
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:

Now you guys make me want to get the shark's fin as well. I've got a feeling my wife's gonna BUMP me out of the house soon.
Don't worry, your wife will not notice the shark fin..... women are not as passionate about cars as men.

If she ever find out the shark fin, you can show her to some of our photos and tell her "it's a standard feature on E90s"
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 06:08 AM   #1615
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Don't worry, your wife will not notice the shark fin..... women are not as passionate about cars as men.

If she ever find out the shark fin, you can show her to some of our photos and tell her "it's a standard feature on E90s"
Rd,

How come I've got the feeling you've used that line before??

And you're right about women. My wife asked me yesterday what was the model of our car whilst we're driving home! And we've been driving it for a few weeks!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 06:25 AM   #1616
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Rd,

How come I've got the feeling you've used that line before??

And you're right about women. My wife asked me yesterday what was the model of our car whilst we're driving home! And we've been driving it for a few weeks!
haha, my wife knows what I have done to my car. Since I don't have bad hobby or interests so she is fine about it. When I had my car for 2 months (I have already ordered my rims and expected to arrive very soon) and one day she asked me "When are you going to have the rims replaced?"

and she ordered me to change the rims ASAP

Women usually concentrate on fashion, handbags, make up ........
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 06:49 AM   #1617
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:

kc
me too!

BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 09:09 AM   #1618
kelvinso
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Don't worry, my wife even did not notice the spolier when I have put it on the first night
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #1619
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinso
Don't worry, my wife even did not notice the spolier when I have put it on the first night
haha, she didn't notice even both sides are popping up?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #1620
LKW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 323i available on Aug

Hi Everybody,
Is anyone tried this company of bodykit at before? Is it good or wroth?
http:/www.ebodykit.com/index_ecat.php?cPath=2_22
THX.
      06-08-2006, 09:16 AM   #1621
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKW
Hi Everybody,
Is anyone tried this company of bodykit at before? Is it good or wroth?
http:/www.ebodykit.com/index_ecat.php?cPath=2_22
THX.
They are replicas
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #1622
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Maybe we should all chip in a pool to rent an apartment. When any of us are temporarily kicked out, we have a place to stay!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #1623
kelvinso
Captain
Rep

Quote:
haha, she didn't notice even both sides are popping up?
Not the case, once she noticed this, she pointed out one side is popping up
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #1624
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinso
Not the case, once she noticed this, she pointed out one side is popping up
haha, maybe you can explain to her that may be it's a workmanship defect from BMW
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #1625
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Maybe we should all chip in a pool to rent an apartment. When any of us are temporarily kicked out, we have a place to stay!
kc, don't forget you can sleep in your E90 if you get some of those nice carpets like RD Sport.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #1626
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
..........And you're right about women. My wife asked me yesterday what was the model of our car whilst we're driving home! And we've been driving it for a few weeks!

kc, the biggest mod to the E90 without your wife knowing is to replace the engine with the M5's V10 !
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #1627
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

p
i actually thought about the weather issue. I shall postpone the installation.
t
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #1628
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
kc, don't forget you can sleep in your E90 if you get some of those nice carpets like RD Sport.
Now, why didn't I think of that? I should start planning to get blankets and pillows fitted into my car as my next mod
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread