BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #1
Dr_Jones
Major
Rep
Drives:

What a Mess...

What up everybody...I was abducted by aliens.

Just wanted to pass on some advice although im sure no one will bring their 1s to Sears Auto Center in Natick Ma.

A few weeks back, jen brings her mazda to sears auto center for oil change. 18 days and 850 miles later (when driving to pick up her wedding dress) the oil light comes on. She actually coasted into a service station. i get there and pull the dip stick...bone dry. We end up adding 4 quarts (total volume is like 4.6 quarts i think). She drives and i follow home and car stays in driveway. After some heated discussions, the service manager was convinced to come by the house in the evening to look at the car.

Amazingly, he is not bothered by the oil dripping from the car and because the engine isn't rapping everything is ok.

Some chest pounding ensued on both ends and we didn't get anywhere.

Car went into the dealers yesterday and the assessment was that there was an issue when the filter was re-installed and what we had was a (pressure leak) which explained the minor amount of oil on the driveway. There was no glitter in the engine.

Has anybody been successful in actually getting these guys to admit they f'd up and sign up for proper diagnostics & any consequential damages? After the display from the manager im prepared to go to the ends of the earth to attain proper compensation.

Hope everyone and everyones cars are great. GINA is loving life.

Phil

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
we had a similar situation but with BJs. My Dad in law got new tires on his Blazer up in Nashua, and then on the way home on 93 south, with my 10 year old sister in law in the truck, one of the wheels came off because, bingo, the tech forgot to tighten the lugs back up.

It was all I could do to keep my FIL from going into the tech bay and attacking the poor kid (he's a big burly Porteguese guy). Anyhow, after some back and forth between the manager and I (he actually wanted ME to have it towed there) they towed it and replaced quite a few front end parts, I believe it was about $3k in damage.

So yes, you can get somewhere (although it wasn't Sears) I'd just keep climbing the chain. Find out who the manager is of the actual Sears store, that person might know someone in corporate you can deal with. Good luck Phil!

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
and 1
winter mode
Italy
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [7.50]
escalate, escalate, escalate

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
Bdh821
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

wow that sucks. This is why I hate bringing my car to get serviced. It seems like they just let any idiot work on your car and when they don't do it right, they always deny. Another reason why I hated Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury. They blamed my intake for the HPFP problems...

Hope all is well
Appreciate 0