E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Ready to tell BMW to keep my 330i

03-22-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
Bob T
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i, Jet Black, BMW Motos

Thumbs down Ready to tell BMW to keep my 330i

Rant mode on.

I'm about at the point of saying the hell with my 330i before even taking delivery.

The car arrived in US 10 days ago and is still sitting at VPC in SC. They are apparently holding all new 3's until they get them flashed with the latest software rev. However, no notice was sent to the dealers of this delay. So, after a bunch of calls, my dealer finally found out the situation and was told my car should be shipped to them today.

As of the end of the day, the vehicle still has not shipped. Calling customer "no"service at BMWNA, they wouldn't tell me shit about my car. When I asked the person why I sometimes get answers from them and other times not, she just said that they have a policy not to tell the customers anything but refer them to the dealer. So, after dealer hours, they have the info in front of them but won't tell me a thing, even though my car is delayed.

If they are this f'n bad at customer service before the car is delivered, I can only imagine if I have a problem with the vehicle or dealer after taking delivery.

I love the car and really want to drive it but I don't know if I have the patience to deal with the BMWNA attitude with ownership. I'm going to sleep on it tonight but am thinking tomorrow I will tell the dealer the hell with it.

By the way, I think the cars are great. The problem is with BMWNA realizing they have a desirable product and therefore can do whatever they want with the customers. Same story on the BMW motorcycle side which I'm more familier with owning 2 BMW cycles.

Thanks for listening.

(Above post edited to remove some dealer bashing. My real bitch is with BMWNA.)

Last edited by Bob T; 03-23-2006 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 07:30 PM   #2
Major
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 745li / cls 55

mate, just a little left hold on tight and you wont regret it
      03-22-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
NSM
Modeldater
Rep
Drives: BSM M6 Vert & BSM 1M

Goodluck, although it might be worth the wait as I had a similar experience. Not quite as drawn out as yours though but, I'm glad I waited.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 07:33 PM   #4
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Let me ask you this question, would you rather your car be a POS not run properly be in the shop because there are problems and the software isnt up to your expectations but you had it 10 days ago? or would you rather make sure all of these problems are taken care of and you have the most up to date software? if you would rather have number 1 then you shouldnt get a BM, get a Toyota or Lexus or something.
      03-22-2006, 07:35 PM   #5
HoosBMW
A ROOM WITH A MOOSE!
United_States
Rep
Drives: waiting on the replacement

Garage List
2007 335I  [0.00]
2006 330I  [0.00]
They f'ed up my order with the wrong interior trim...a reorder, stress, a headache, and FOUR FREAKIN' MONTHS LATER, i got my car....totally happy with this beast...but I definatly hear ya on the BS wait time...sorry man....I hope you wait...I promise you it will be worth it....
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 07:36 PM   #6
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I agree with the other posters. You've waited so long already. Dont let your pride get in the wait of joy. Be patient and you will be glad you did.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
BMWally
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2004 545i, 2006 330i

Sorry to hear it's been so sucky. Believe me, I was there. My 1st one was sitting in VPC for 2 weeks before they told me/my dealer that the car was damaged in transit (too much damage to repair and sell as new?). That's after numerous phone calls, that finally I dropped the sales advisor, and went with the sales manager. Talk to the manager. If you're nice about it, they'll throw in things to make you happy. 5 months later (2nd car), I got my car, with tinting, comfort access (2nd car was post September build) and they were going to throw in clear bra, but I ditched it cause I didn't trust the brand, but I got other neat logo items. It'll be worth it... Patience is virtue, yea?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 08:08 PM   #8
Bob T
Private
Rep

Thanks for all the support.

Do understand though, it is not the wait that I'm pissed off over. It is the attitude with BMWNA. They have a customer service number that refuses to offer any type of information or customer service.

It is fine if there is a delay with the the software upgrade (and I'm thankful if that is it and not repairing damage in transit). But why can't they be upfront with the dealers that all 3's, 5's, 6's, and 7's are being delayed right now because of it?

Knowing but not willing to tell a customer any shipping information when there has been a delay is pure BS. That is what has me so ticked off.

By the way, I sold my wife's car too quickly and am making do with sharing a vehicle. So there is a lot of scheduling issues that knowing an ETA for the new car would be a huge help. It is not the same as if I was trading in another car or this was an extra vehicle.

My current thought is to call BMWNA in the morning and attempt to speak to someone higher up in customer service. If they take a hard line and absolutely will not give me any information on whether it has shipped or an estimated ship date, then I will call the dealer and tell them to keep it. As a customer, I don't feel I'm asking for too much.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #9
dgjeans
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 330i

Garage List
Why the new e90 needs to be flashed with the latest software rev

Shouldn't all the cars comes with updated software when they are done production at the plant in Germany?

Why they need to be flashed with the latest software? Could it be possible there's any dealer will deliver the car without update software?

Thank you.

Kevin
ED 330i Alpine White/Black, Auto, Sport Package, Heated Seat
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #10
NSM
Modeldater
Rep
Drives: BSM M6 Vert & BSM 1M

You're right your not asking for too much, however, I've never had a bad experience with BMWNA customer service. I've dealt with them a few times and its been pleasant and to the point. You may have just caught a freak occurance. Give it another chance.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 08:34 PM   #11
Bob T
Private
Rep

Kevin- Probably a new software version from the time they built to the time they arrived in the US a few weeks later.

NSM- I'm happy you have not had a bad experience with customer service. I'm just really wondering if they really do much more then the canned answer, "talk to your dealer."
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 09:12 PM   #12
Mr. BMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2018 Jeep Grand Che ...  [0.00]
I feel your pain. I've only been waiting for 4 weeks and I'm already going crazy

Back in 2000 I ordered a 328 in January but the dealer never told me that I would never get that car. BMW changed the 328 to a 330 mid year so in April I had to reorder the car as a 330. Note that the dealer still had my deposit from January. My order got pushed up because other orders were before mine.

I took delivery of my 01 330CI in August - yes, 8 months after my original order!

Even after all that, I can't tell you how happy I was when I finaly got that car
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 09:36 PM   #13
RGRAY
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi SG/TERRA/STEP/SP/HS/CA

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob T
Rant mode on.

...After the deposit was collected, the order was set aside for 2 weeks before the vehicle was even ordered....They are apparently holding all new 3's until they get them flashed with the latest software rev.

I love the car and really want to drive it...am thinking tomorrow I will tell the dealer the hell with it.

By the way, I think the cars are great...Same story on the BMW motorcycle side which I'm more familier with owning 2 BMW cycles.

Thanks for listening.
I hope you feel better now.

You should have gotten a production number two days after you placed the order.

Why did you wait 2 weeks?

What new software rev.?

I just got my car and didn't hear anything about a rev.

You will not tell the dealer to go to hell; we all know you want the car too badly and you have waited this long.

Same with the motorcycle so you should be use to it.

Relax and take a deep breath.

Everything will be find and you will forget about all of this once you get your car.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90gar...20TINT%20A.jpg

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #14
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

If you are second guessing things then I'd bail.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 09:54 PM   #15
magamaga
-
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Just make sure you tell BMW when they call you to get your feedback about the experience. If you b_tch at the dealer big time and you tell them how bad their service was they are going to bend over big time to try to make you feel better before you actually tell BMWNA that they didn't treat you well and how messed up your order was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob T
Thanks for all the support.

Do understand though, it is not the wait that I'm pissed off over. It is the attitude with BMWNA. They have a customer service number that refuses to offer any type of information or customer service.

It is fine if there is a delay with the the software upgrade (and I'm thankful if that is it and not repairing damage in transit). But why can't they be upfront with the dealers that all 3's, 5's, 6's, and 7's are being delayed right now because of it?

Knowing but not willing to tell a customer any shipping information when there has been a delay is pure BS. That is what has me so ticked off.

By the way, I sold my wife's car too quickly and am making do with sharing a vehicle. So there is a lot of scheduling issues that knowing an ETA for the new car would be a huge help. It is not the same as if I was trading in another car or this was an extra vehicle.

My current thought is to call BMWNA in the morning and attempt to speak to someone higher up in customer service. If they take a hard line and absolutely will not give me any information on whether it has shipped or an estimated ship date, then I will call the dealer and tell them to keep it. As a customer, I don't feel I'm asking for too much.
325i Sparkling Graphite/Navigation/Steptronic/HeatedSeats/ DRL Angel Eyes/Metal Pedals/Tail Pipe Tips/Rear BMW Spoiler/BMWAlarm/LoJack/BlackLineTailLights/Hardwired BeltronicsProfessionalRX65RadarDetector/Rear FogLights/Debadged/LUX 5.0/ACS Roof Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 10:18 PM   #16
sblument
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
sold my car too quickly

...I naively thought a custom ordered BMW would take just a few weeks to arrive. Wrongo...I had sold my car a few days before ordering my E90. I was told it would take 5-6 weeks to arrive. Actually, it's more like 2 months. That's fine...I've been following my order every step of the way...but it has inconvenienced my wife also now that we're down to just one car until the E90 arrives. Hopefully just a few more days to go!!! Next time I'll sell my car at this point in the process; when the car is at or near the dealer.
      03-22-2006, 10:18 PM   #17
Wildcat Jon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Hold on - 9400 miles on mine and it is a dream. 6 mos from now this will be a bad memory and you'll be driving with a smile on your face to and from work, play, etc.
      03-22-2006, 11:00 PM   #18
nhhiep
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

---
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 11:29 PM   #19
thxbuff2001
Dictator for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: To many

I understand your frustration.
Probably you're right about BMW not giving a shit about customers like us. But pause for a moment. I assure you, these feeling will go away when you get a call from the dealer that your car is available. Wait man, wait. Its all worth it. Its in the port right. Its here. Wait for a month, if they still would not give it to you, then give up.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 11:47 PM   #20
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco 335

It's terrible that BMW customer service is so bad. You'd think a luxury car company would treat its customers better. You'd think BMW customers would demand better.

I wonder if they'd treat someone who purchased a 7 series the same way. I'm thinking out loud, but I'm pretty sure nobody I know who'd buy a 7 would take that kind of treatment. For the most part, wealthy people demand great service and are quick to take their business elsewhere if they don't get it.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 12:01 AM   #21
akhbhaat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M318ti Type-R Turbo S

I wish the local Lexus dealership sold BMWs.

Better yet, I wish Lexus itself could just build a better BMW. If they do, I'll be the first one to buy it.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 12:47 AM   #22
DILLIGAF
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 SG 330i ZSP MT CA

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Try to wait it out....it is worth the wait. I'm sure the majority of us started to get impatient waiting...especially when we knew it was on our home soil. No one likes bad customer service. But at least they are doing your update now so you're not complaining about it later. And unfortunately the right hand doesnt know what the left hand is doing. I'm in Toronto and the shipment docks in the east coast in Halifax and goes to Toronto by rail. The 2 weeks it took drove me nuts cause my SA couldnt give me a status update until it arrived in Toronto. For all I knew there was a problem with the train which delayed my delivery. But all in all my car was ready within a day of it arriving at the dealership. Worth the wait 77 days after ordering it.