BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-20-2017, 08:17 AM   #23
135j
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i w/ 6MT

I have the same year 135 w/ 5" ETS FMIC, DP, MHD Stage 2+, and some suspension mods.

If you plan on sticking with the stock turbo the 5" ETS kit is perfect. Quality piece and requires no cutting. I had to leave the thin plastic piece along the bottom of the stock intercooler off as it didn't fit back on but the undertray covers that area anyway and the larger IC fits more snuggly.

As you mentioned canyons, first thing I would suggest is rear subframe bushings. I went with E9X M3 bushings as I daily my 1. I have the M3 front control arm kit but it's going on this winter.

Couldn't recommend MHD more. Great gains, inexpensive, easy to use and my engine seems to run more smoothly after the flash (I replaced plugs and coils at the same time so that could contribute to the happier engine)
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      12-20-2017, 01:01 PM   #24
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135j View Post
I have the same year 135 w/ 5" ETS FMIC, DP, MHD Stage 2+, and some suspension mods.

If you plan on sticking with the stock turbo the 5" ETS kit is perfect. Quality piece and requires no cutting. I had to leave the thin plastic piece along the bottom of the stock intercooler off as it didn't fit back on but the undertray covers that area anyway and the larger IC fits more snuggly.

As you mentioned canyons, first thing I would suggest is rear subframe bushings. I went with E9X M3 bushings as I daily my 1. I have the M3 front control arm kit but it's going on this winter.

Couldn't recommend MHD more. Great gains, inexpensive, easy to use and my engine seems to run more smoothly after the flash (I replaced plugs and coils at the same time so that could contribute to the happier engine)
The RSFB seem to be the most commonly suggested mod, I have noticed some rear end bounciness so this is getting added to the list. Your mod route is exactly where I am looking to go, but I'll probably go full TBE.

Thank you all for the suggestions. This already seems like a great community. Looking forward to meeting fellow owners at future BMW meets.
Appreciate 0