BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-29-2016, 02:57 AM   #23
OzJustin
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AT Monaco Blue

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
I have EBC GD sport dimpled & slotted rotors, EBC redstuff pads and racing fluid on my car and this combo has been good. The only issue I have is the constant ticking noise with the windows down. It's fine with windows up though.

You may be able to source them from brakesdirect.com.au.

Noticed nobody had listed this option so thought I'd mention it.
      02-15-2016, 04:45 AM   #24
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
The best option would probably be the Racing Brake upgrade which is 2 piece floating slotted only rotor. They increase the width and also the diameter of the rotor by supplying a new caliper bracket. The only problem about this though is that it's really quite expensive for what are essentially just rotors and a metal bracket, especially considering the exchange rate and shipping cost of such heavy items, and also the initial product experienced a lot of cracking in the rotors. Not sure if they fixed it. Also, apparently the metal they use is "harder" and is supposed to be used with their pads which account for this. It's likely though that racing pads would probably work fine with them though.
Racing Brake. Just stay away. Especially their "matching" pads which can be rubbish. Disgruntled customer here
      03-06-2016, 06:26 AM   #25
miiiiiiiitch
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Depends what you call an upgrade. Changing to the slotted and drilled rotors doesn't exactly upgrade anything except maybe initial wet weather braking performance (possibly), pad wear and some mild weight loss.

That said, I was due in for all 4 corners pad and rotor replacement on my E88 and I went with the BMW Performance rotors. Primarily for the looks. You will however notice a rotational noise with slotted rotors whenever you're driving next to a wall or other cars etc.

Those rotors which you listed are the correct ones but there are other options. I didn't get the "genuine" BMW Performance rotors but I got the OEM ones from the manufacturer, IAP/Dura International. Part numbers are:

BR900986 for the fronts
BR900988 for the rears

They are exactly the same but vastly cheaper than the genuine ones. I got all 4 for just under AUD$600 landed in less than a week. I can't imagine you'd get much change out of AUD$2000 for the genuine ones purchased in the US due to our current exchange rate, expensive shipping and also duty, customs and GST costs when landed.

If you really do want to get genuine BMW Performance ones I would recommend getting them from Europe. Shipping is much more reasonable from there. Try Shmiedmann in Denmark maybe.
Looking at getting these, how have they held up?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 04:21 AM   #26
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by miiiiiiiitch
Quote:
Depends what you call an upgrade. Changing to the slotted and drilled rotors doesn't exactly upgrade anything except maybe initial wet weather braking performance (possibly), pad wear and some mild weight loss.

That said, I was due in for all 4 corners pad and rotor replacement on my E88 and I went with the BMW Performance rotors. Primarily for the looks. You will however notice a rotational noise with slotted rotors whenever you're driving next to a wall or other cars etc.

Those rotors which you listed are the correct ones but there are other options. I didn't get the "genuine" BMW Performance rotors but I got the OEM ones from the manufacturer, IAP/Dura International. Part numbers are:

BR900986 for the fronts
BR900988 for the rears

They are exactly the same but vastly cheaper than the genuine ones. I got all 4 for just under AUD$600 landed in less than a week. I can't imagine you'd get much change out of AUD$2000 for the genuine ones purchased in the US due to our current exchange rate, expensive shipping and also duty, customs and GST costs when landed.

If you really do want to get genuine BMW Performance ones I would recommend getting them from Europe. Shipping is much more reasonable from there. Try Shmiedmann in Denmark maybe.
Looking at getting these, how have they held up?
Good man. Really good. I haven't exactly stress tested them, but for daily driving duties they are perfectly fine. Just prepare for the normal pulsating whoosh noises you get with slotted rotors.
      12-06-2016, 10:22 PM   #27
Simonnn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Bumping an old thread, but I'm trying to source a new set of rotors for my 135i.

Been having a long conversation with one of the eBay stores for the BR900986/BR900988 but not making much traction where I'm being quoted inconsistent shipping rates.

It seems that CarPartKings no longer stock this item, anyone have any idea where to go for the next best option? Happy to also go with other rotors if there is anything comparable out there.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 11:52 PM   #28
Giveway74
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 130i and MK7 Golf GTI PP

I bought mine in June from this seller - vaultautomotivesystems
http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/vaultauto...72.m2749.l2754

Shipping rates were as per the EBay add.
M3 front and rear arms, M3 Front and rear ARB , Quaife LSD, BMW performance wheel (non electronic), 135i Brakes, DS2500 pads, Apex wheel studs, Adjustable Bilsteins, API Half cage, Hankook Z221's (track) and Bridgestone RE002's (street) 225's all around
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 12:01 AM   #29
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

OE discs are about as good as you'll get until you move to something like carbon ceramic.

Pads are where it's at.
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2016, 05:58 AM   #30
dh58
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

FYI...

On my old brakes I used to have 'the squeek'.. You all know what i'm talking about.. These one's have done a good 40k on them and no squeeks
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 08:21 AM   #31
mooner
Rep
Drives: 2008 Manual 135i M-Sport

I recently replaced my discs and pads as they were coming up due. Opted for DBA Slotted Rotors all round, EBC Red Stuff pads and Goodridge braided brake lines, noticeable increase in initial bite from stock so I am happy
Appreciate 0