BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
MK-Autolab
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / Audi R8

MK-Autolab | Harrop Ultimate BBK for M3 & 1M

HARROP ULTIMATE BIG BRAKE KIT

Look no further than the Harrop Ultimate Kit to satisfy the demands of serious street and track enthusiasts.
The 2 piece rotor and caliper design pushes the boundaries of extreme braking to achieve world class performance with independently tested 100 km/h – 0 stopping distances less than 35m.

The Ultimate Kit exceeds the V8 Supercar specifications in several parameters of overall braking capacity and maintains perfect braking balance under all braking conditions.

WHY DO I NEED TO UPGRADE?
  • If you have fitted a wheel/tyre package that has an effective diameter greater than standard, the brake effectiveness is reduced. The force required on the rotor to slow the car increases by approximately 8% per 50mm increase in effective tyre diameter. This means the driver needs to push harder on the pedal to stop, and results in increased rotor and pad wear.
  • ABS, ESC/DSC or EBD can't help you under brake fade conditions. The OEM brake systems are designed exclusively for road use and tested to comply with ADR 31/01, which prescribes a fade and recovery test, hot performance where the car is braked from a maximum of 120km/h to 60km/h 15 times with 45 seconds between each brake application. The vehicle must then pass an ordinary performance test” and achieve 75% of the initial cold test result.
  • If you use your car for any track work, you'll be driving at much higher speeds; with much less recovery time and braking many more times than the ADR test. The OEM brake system just isn't required or designed to cope with this.
  • The vehicle has increased Power and Torque due to other modifications such as Harrop superchargers and camshaft, intake and exhaust upgrades. The faster you can accelerate, the less time you will have to decelerate.

KIT CONTENTS

• Front Rotors: 381mm (15"), 48 vane directional rotors, 32mm (1.26") thick, 24 slots (standard)
  • Rear Rotors: 356mm (14"), 36 vane directional rotors, 28mm (1.1") thick, 24 slots (standard)
  • Front Calipers: 6 Piston lightweight aluminium calipers
  • Rear Calipers: 4 Piston lightweight aluminium callipers
  • Misc: Stainless steel brake lines, Caliper brackets (2), brake pads (8), bolts, washers & mounting hardware

VEHICLE APPLICATION GUIDE

• BMW E9X M3 & E82 1M
  • Calipers available in red, yellow, black & silver
  • Min 19" wheel size required (*Sweep profile template available to confirm 18" wheel suitability)

Appreciate 0