BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
Trutchy
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

1st anniversary upgrades

Well i have had my 1M for a year now and thought it was time for a little treat.. I’m not the massive tuning head i once was so these are only subtle improvements..

Since i don’t seem much mentioned on the forum about them I thought i would put in my pennies worth..

Upgrades are.... H&R lowering spring, Miltek Exhaust and Forge FMI

H&R - As you would expect the ride is harder with around 30mm lowered at the front and 15mm at the rear. I also have 10mm spacers on the rear. This has drastically improved the confidence whilst cornering at speed, we have very slippy roads here and before the upgrade the back end has been hanging out all over the place. It’s a little harder to get the back out, I assume since there is more traction going to the road with less compression in the springs and body role.. when pulling out from a junction and trying to get the back out it’s a more progressive slide rather than the snap that it used to do before.

Milltek – I just got the cat back without the DP’s.. I wasn’t looking for something loud but did want something that sounds deep rather raspy.. I got exactly what I want with a deep roar in the cabin up to 2000 rpm and not much change in highway or high RPM sound. Mind you I have not heard it from outside yet I guess it’s about 15to20% louder all the way through the rpm range.. sounds great in traffic though going through the gears utilizing only a few 1000 rpms. I have not hear any other exhausts in the flesh yet.. Build quality is fantastic. Nice big pipes on the rear too!

FORGE – Primarily bought since I live in a hot climate and any extra cooling is always a bonus. Build quality is very good and seems to pull nicely through the mid range better than before…if anything smoother..

Some pictures for you guys..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Crispy
Obtuse Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe & Mini GP2

Very nice. I see where your coming from with the little things, thinking of similar myself.

I already have the same spoiler (but painted it white) and have tended to use Eibach Pros rather than H&R. Your comments on the handling are interesting.

Have you highlighted the "gills" on the wings or is it just shadow? (we don't get that much sun here... )
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
Very nice. I see where your coming from with the little things, thinking of similar myself.

I already have the same spoiler (but painted it white) and have tended to use Eibach Pros rather than H&R. Your comments on the handling are interesting.

Have you highlighted the "gills" on the wings or is it just shadow? (we don't get that much sun here... )
I think they are overlays on the gills. Maybe the ones from Lightweight Titan.? I have a set of those waiting in my trunk since forever cause I am pretty sure that I am gonna ruin them while trying to apply myself!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep

Very nice and subtle touches there.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #5
Chris ABP
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i F31

Car looking great!

I've recently fitted the Eibach Pro-Kit and it feels so much better than stock. Eliminated the massive front arch gap and looks more level than OE. Ride quality is actually better than standard with less harshness overall.

I fitted the MILLTEK full system also including removing the secondary cats and it sounds GREAT! Feels more responsive, looks far better and has given the car a personality!

Pilot Super Sports going on next week in 255/35x19 front and 275/35x19 rear and expecting great things from them compared with the Pilot Sport OE tyres. Then i'll make a decision on spacers....

Chris
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

Debating on those or shelling out the cash on KWs or Moton coils in the future or getting H&Rs in the mean time. The drop looks nice with the spacers, very aggressive! Thanks for sharing. Car looks fantastic
      09-18-2012, 05:28 AM   #7
greygoose
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Looks great at that ride height, do you get any rubbing on the rear wheels?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 04:31 AM   #8
Trutchy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygoose View Post
Looks great at that ride height, do you get any rubbing on the rear wheels?

Nope
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 04:32 AM   #9
Trutchy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy View Post

gills have a matt black foil applied to look like cutaway
Appreciate 0