BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i all stock

FS: 2008 128i Cabriolet (Pickering, Ontario) - $29,000

**PLEASE DELETE**

Keeping the car for its greatness possibly selling the honda

Last edited by theonlynameleft; 03-16-2012 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: Dropped price
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
johndeere
mhmmmm
Canada
Rep
Drives: MS3X

Great colour. Good luck with the sale. Looks like it's pretty much a brand new car with lots of warranty left and exceptionally low mileage.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3magine View Post
Great colour. Good luck with the sale. Looks like it's pretty much a brand new car with lots of warranty left and exceptionally low mileage.

Exactly, I'm hoping I can sell this pretty quickly because I need to, it just makes me sad that I have run into the situation I've run into.

Note: If you think what you see is scratches on the car, its just reflections from the ground and my legs on the drivers side, it was polished with meg's ultimate finishing polish and waxed with NXT Tech wax. Was also cleaned inside and wheels were cleaned with sonar full effect.

Car is perfect condition except for 2 tiny dings on the passenger side, you can't see them ever unless you really look for them on the right angle (they're there because of disrespectful idiots)
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

Am I asking a fair price?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

Beautiful car. Note that I think the colour is Sparkling Graphite and not Space Grey.

Good luck with the sale.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 03:53 AM   #6
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

Dealer told me space grey. Either way I've had no emails as of yet
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2011, 03:16 AM   #7
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

*although it's only been a week, I have 1 person coming next week. Said he'd prefer it in white but he wants to come take a look at it anyways to see if he wants it or not.

Fingers crossed I really REALLY hope he takes it
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlynameleft View Post
Dealer told me space grey. Either way I've had no emails as of yet
FYI -the only grey available during MY2008 was Sparkling Graphite Metallic, which to me was one of the nicest colours for the 1er - particularly in vert form.
I've seen your vert many times (as you only live a few blocks from me in Pickering) and it is a beaut.
Your price is reasonable given the low mileage and the 160Km warranty.
If this were May or early June, you'd have the phone ringing off the hook, but it is mid August and vert weather will soon be over - so selling now may be a bit tougher and you may have to cast your net a little wider.
Have you listed it on AutoTrader.ca yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut View Post
FYI -the only grey available during MY2008 was Sparkling Graphite Metallic, which to me was one of the nicest colours for the 1er - particularly in vert form.
I've seen your vert many times (as you only live a few blocks from me in Pickering) and it is a beaut.
Your price is reasonable given the low mileage and the 160Km warranty.
If this were May or early June, you'd have the phone ringing off the hook, but it is mid August and vert weather will soon be over - so selling now may be a bit tougher and you may have to cast your net a little wider.
Have you listed it on AutoTrader.ca yet?
So it was you that honked at me on glenanna and gave me the thumbs up, thats awesome.

I tried auto trader but they're extremely annoying calling me 3x and up per day asking to go into print, etc.

A dealer emailed me saying they'd give me asking price/pay the loan to take it off my hands cause they say they have 3 people asking for that car. I hope its legit, I'm gonna take a drive down there (about a half hour each way) on saturday to talk to them.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #10
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
So it was you that honked at me on glenanna and gave me the thumbs up, thats awesome.

I tried auto trader but they're extremely annoying calling me 3x and up per day asking to go into print, etc.

A dealer emailed me saying they'd give me asking price/pay the loan to take it off my hands cause they say they have 3 people asking for that car. I hope its legit, I'm gonna take a drive down there (about a half hour each way) on saturday to talk to them.
It could very well be legit as Sparkling Graphite Metallic was only available during model year 2008 and is a pretty rare colour - and definitely one of the nicest colour for the 1er vert.
If a dealer has potential clients looking for a vert in that colour and with your low mileage and extra (transferable) warranty thru 2014, he could make a quick few $K on an easy flip.
You have nothing to lose by checking it out..
P.S. I had a very similar experience back in 2002 when I had a silver 1998 Firebird ragtop. I was ordering a 2003 Z4, but BMW didn't want my Firebird so they checked around (I wanted $18K).The trade-in or wholesale any dealer offered was between $14K and $16K. I happened to be going by Gus Brown in Whitby a few weeks later and stopped by to see what their best price was. My Firebird was also low mileage and in pristine condition. They were interested and asked me what I wanted and I said $18K. They didn't even haggle for a lower price & I got my $18K. They had someone who'd been looking for exactly that ragtop in that colour combo - They apparently got $21K for it from the ultimate buyer.
So you never know.
Good luck & tell us how it turns out.

Last edited by bimmerfile; 08-18-2011 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #11
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Sure that wasn't me? I'm pretty sure I've seen you and your car a few times
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #12
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut View Post
It could very well be legit as Sparkling Graphite Metallic was only available during model year 2008 and is a pretty rare colour - and definitely one of the nicest colour for the 1er vert.
If a dealer has potential clients looking for a vert in that colour and with your low mileage and extra (transferable) warranty thru 2014, he could make a quick few $K on an easy flip.
You have nothing to lose by checking it out..
P.S. I had a very similar experience back in 2002 when I had a silver 1998 Firebird ragtop. I was ordering a 2003 Z4, but BMW didn't want my Firebird so they checked around (I wanted $18K).The trade-in or wholesale any dealer offered was between $14K and $16K. I happened to be going by Gus Brown in Whitby a few weeks later and stopped by to see what their best price was. My Firebird was also low mileage and in pristine condition. They were interested and asked me what I wanted and I said $18K. They didn't even haggle for a lower price & I got my $18K. They had someone who'd been looking for exactly that ragtop in that colour combo - They apparently got $21K for it from the ultimate buyer.
So you never know.
Good luck & tell us how it turns out.
The dealer is sketchy. I told them to call me at least 2 days before their 'interested in the exact car and colour and all options' customers so I could make the time to take the trip over there.

I woke up today and the email said 'customer is here' so I called (about 30 minutes later after I woke up I got the email and called) and they said the customer left.

I did a quick search on google of the dealers name and the very first result that came up was on another message board that I'm on (redflagdeals) and was a thread about how bad they are. The same google search popped up other horrible reviews.

It turns out they probably wanted me to go in to look at other cars and then they would lowball my asking price and try to sweeten the lowball with a 'good deal' on another used car.

Regardless, I'm enjoying the car until it is sold, my work hours have doubled so for now I'm ok and enjoying life. Through work, a truck driver I that started talking to me about cars and such told me about a dealer about 20 minutes away that his wife works at where they sell/buy vehicles from people who well, want to sell their cars. I just went on their site and emailed them (this was the guys wife) so hopefully I get a decent offer or a buyer asap. I have to (unfortunately) downgrade so I'm going to look into a CPO 2007-2008 Civic SI or something else.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #13
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Sure that wasn't me? I'm pretty sure I've seen you and your car a few times
if it was you, if you smoke cigarettes (I have to quit) then pm me and we'll have a smoke or something, always up for meeting new people off the forums who like cars, etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 06:05 AM   #14
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

*and up it goes*

I still can't believe since the time I've put it up, I've had one offer but it was too low ($27,000) and I just couldn't do it, I'd be losing too much...

I'm hoping to god that if it doesn't sell this year, that it will be a pretty easy sale in the spring next year
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #15
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

Up
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #16
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

Not even 1 person since the one guy that offered me 27k has emailed, i've gotten about 4 calls from other people working for 'agencies' wanting me to pay them to sell my car (screw them, why would I do that). I've tried a top ad on kijiji (just tried again today (paid today) and didn't get one hit either.

I didn't think it would be this hard to sell such a nice car (Why did I buy this car is all I can think now).

If any of you on here know of someone local to pickering/ajax/oshawa or whitby please tell them about this car, you'd be doing me a huge HUGE favour if my car was sold through here (or through anywhere for that matter).

The personal reasons for selling the car are much more important to me right now than the financial aspect of things.

I'm gonna go to 2 different dealers this weekend to see what I can maybe get but something is telling me I'd get more in the spring.

To anyone else here that might have some advice, someone told me to go to the dealer of whatever car I want to get next and see what they'll offer, then to take that $, buy another CPO that I want (or new but probably not new) and then pay the difference to BMW... said that would be the fastest way but something also tells me another dealer like honda either wouldn't be interested in the car or would only offer 20 (leaving me to pay 15k which I only have 7k right now)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #17
johndeere
mhmmmm
Canada
Rep
Drives: MS3X

You probably won't have any luck selling unless you drop the price significantly. That's the vert market in the fall. Winter is approaching, and not many want to get themselves into a vert. In the spring, however, if you can hold off, you should be able to move it much easier, and for more money tat you would get now.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #18
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3magine View Post
You probably won't have any luck selling unless you drop the price significantly. That's the vert market in the fall. Winter is approaching, and not many want to get themselves into a vert. In the spring, however, if you can hold off, you should be able to move it much easier, and for more money tat you would get now.
I have no problem holding off until the spring, I might have 1 guy through family friends who is getting into real estate and wants to look more successful, so me hoping that with my good skill/luck at selling anything I have, hopefully I can talk him into it for $34,500

If he doesn't, waiting till sprint won't be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #19
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

*up*

Guy keeps cancelling on me since he's too 'busy' but he keeps telling me he's interested so I don't know what to believe.

I will be putting the car away in 2-3 weeks. Asking $32,000 - Someone here must want it
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #20
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

*up* still for sale, will be storing in 1 week so if interested at all come take a look at it, I have the next 2 weeks off of work so I will be around 24/7

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #21
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
*up* still for sale, will be storing in 1 week so if interested at all come take a look at it, I have the next 2 weeks off of work so I will be around 24/7

Still for sale, car is in storage right now in toronto.

Car now comes with the BMW battery tender car cover

Asking $32,000
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #22
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep

Car is still for SALE!!! In storage right now but I am bringing it back out on Friday March 16!

Added car cover + battery tender with the sale of the vehicle!
Appreciate 0