BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think it should be...

oil and filter change
brake fluid change/flush
check brakes
air filter - replace
pollen (cabin) micro filter - replace
check suspension compoments (tie rods, ball joints, ect)
fluid levels check; PS fluid, coolant, washer fluid.
replace wiper blades

other things I would recommend...
manual trans fluid - change
rear diff oil - change
Heh I did almost all of these besides pollen filter.
      03-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #24
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
Heh I did almost all of these besides pollen filter.

Did you have your spark plugs replaced at 45K miles? IF not then I would also do that.

good luck,
Dackel
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #25
Evice
Major
Rep

Quote:
Did you have your spark plugs replaced at 45K miles? IF not then I would also do that.

good luck,
Dackel
NA engines should be 100k miles interval. I have 128i.
      03-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
NA engines should be 100k miles interval. I have 128i.

Ohh yes, your correct. Your plugs should be good for 100K miles. But still... if your a sporty driver... spark plugs are so easy to replace and offer such a good bang for the buck($). It will really change the way the engine runs.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #27
Evice
Major
Rep

Quote:
Ohh yes, your correct. Your plugs should be good for 100K miles. But still... if your a sporty driver... spark plugs are so easy to replace and offer such a good bang for the buck($). It will really change the way the engine runs.
I will take a look at it. thanks.
      03-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #28
Racewar128I
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 128I BMW

Garage List
2012 BMW 128I  [0.00]
Is there Any way to reset the tire pressure warning light if so how
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #29
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racewar128I View Post
Is there Any way to reset the tire pressure warning light if so how

Yes, there is a way... its in your owners manual.

IF your TPMS light is on (yellow). First check the tire pressure to verify all is good. Then with the engine running (BUT NOT MOVING) scroll thru the BC menu until you get to the TPMS menu, then press and hold the button on the end of the turn signal stalk. The menu will then say something like resetting... then DRIVE a short distance. This now tells the TPMS the new "target" tire pressures and resets the TPMS system.

Every few tanks of fuel when ypu check your tire pressures... you should reset the TPMS system this way.

Dack
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #30
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
I have reset my brake fluid and brake service indicators, the brake fluid date did not change, and the brake indicator simply displays: ------- [no change, was "----" before]
I still have the "lift car" indicator, but I didn't reset that independent of the others.

-R
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #31
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
I have reset my brake fluid and brake service indicators, the brake fluid date did not change, and the brake indicator simply displays: ------- [no change, was "----" before]
I still have the "lift car" indicator, but I didn't reset that independent of the others.

-R

Did you just replace your brake rotors or pads too? Like did the wear light come on, then you tried to reset the pad wear sensor light/lamp? Bc if thats true sometimes only the dealer can reset the brake pad wear sensors IF you wait too long to reset the light. Ofcourse you would also need to replace the pad sensors. I guess I need more info. ???
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #32
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:

-R

Did you just replace your brake rotors or pads too? Like did the wear light come on, then you tried to reset the pad wear sensor light/lamp? Bc if thats true sometimes only the dealer can reset the brake pad wear sensors IF you wait too long to reset the light. Ofcourse you would also need to replace the pad sensors. I guess I need more info. ???
Replaced the [front] rotors, calipers, pads, sensor, fluid.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #33
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:

Ok, but how did you drive the car after replacing the pad sensors before you tried my service light reset procedure? I have heard that if you drive too long with new sensors on that axle... it will take a "hard reset to turn the pad light off. Only a shop with a GT1(like at the dealer) can reset it then.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #34
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:

Ok, but how did you drive the car after replacing the pad sensors before you tried my service light reset procedure? I have heard that if you drive too long with new sensors on that axle... it will take a "hard reset to turn the pad light off. Only a shop with a GT1(like at the dealer) can reset it then.
Ah, gotcha. Maybe 50kms? Only enough to bed the brakes in and get home from where I did the work so I could look it up.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #35
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Ah, gotcha. Maybe 50kms? Only enough to bed the brakes in and get home from where I did the work so I could look it up.
Then the brake pad wear lamp should be able to reset. IF you drove for many hundred km's then I thenk you would need a dealer reset the light.

Try my DIY one more time... if it doesn't reset the light... then a dealer visit is in your future.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 01:18 AM   #36
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Then the brake pad wear lamp should be able to reset. IF you drove for many hundred km's then I thenk you would need a dealer reset the light.

Try my DIY one more time... if it doesn't reset the light... then a dealer visit is in your future.
Thanks, I did try it a few times.

Does it record when things were serviced in the ECU, or only distance remaining?

Might just ignore it if its the latter, as there are only two local dealerships, both the same owner, and both as unhelpful as each other!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #37
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks, I did try it a few times.

Does it record when things were serviced in the ECU, or only distance remaining?

Might just ignore it if its the latter, as there are only two local dealerships, both the same owner, and both as unhelpful as each other!
Looks like I've got the same issue. Just changed front discs, pads etc and brake & hoist light came on ~100km/1 week later. Can't reset with Dack's method or BT tool. Can reset all others with both though.
Thanks for the insight though Dack. So this definitely can't be reset except by dealer?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #38
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
Looks like I've got the same issue. Just changed front discs, pads etc and brake & hoist light came on ~100km/1 week later. Can't reset with Dack's method or BT tool. Can reset all others with both though.
Thanks for the insight though Dack. So this definitely can't be reset except by dealer?

I don't know for sure. But that is what I have been told by my dealership. Maybe someone else can chime in. ? I think you need a shop that has a GT1 (scan tool) to reset that light.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #39
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
I don't know for sure. But that is what I have been told by my dealership. Maybe someone else can chime in. ? I think you need a shop that has a GT1 (scan tool) to reset that light.
Hi Dack...

To the OP.

Maybe this will help..

First its possible that the sensor you got is bad... rare but possible.. recheck you connection also.

Second, it is possible that it needs to be reset with a GT1 or ISID meaning dealer visit.. it has happened in the past.. not that often but it does happen..

make sure that you followed Dack instuctions to the tee.. with no pauses or re-pressing of the button.. also make sure that the door is closed when resetting..

respond back.. ill know more on Monday ( tomorrow)

Regards,

Alex !!
      04-16-2012, 04:20 AM   #40
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard
Quote:
Hi Dack...

To the OP.

Maybe this will help..

First its possible that the sensor you got is bad... rare but possible.. recheck you connection also.

Second, it is possible that it needs to be reset with a GT1 or ISID meaning dealer visit.. it has happened in the past.. not that often but it does happen..

make sure that you followed Dack instuctions to the tee.. with no pauses or re-pressing of the button.. also make sure that the door is closed when resetting..

respond back.. ill know more on Monday ( tomorrow)

Regards,

Alex !!
Some idiot clicked reset, didn't hold reset. Sorted.

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #41
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Some idiot clicked reset, didn't hold reset. Sorted.

Thanks guys.

Great news!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #42
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Still doesn't work for me. Holding reset will reset other other functions - oil service due etc, but not my (front?) brake & hoist light warning.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #43
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
Still doesn't work for me. Holding reset will reset other other functions - oil service due etc, but not my (front?) brake & hoist light warning.

Humm... So you did replace your pad sesnor with a new one right>?

Do what DriveHard said: check to make sure the sensor is plugged in correctly and/or maybe you got a bad new sesnor?

IF you still have one of your old sesnors - and don't want the safety of pad wear sesnors... just cut the sensor off and solder the wires together. Then use that as your "sensor" and reset the light.

IF all else fails... a dealer visit is in order. Bring some of your tech's favorite refreshments in your trunk!

Dack
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #44
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Sadly, I didn't put the new discs & pads in myself

The workshop who put in my DPs the week before last noticed my performance discs were cracked though all the drill holes. Pads were ~2/3s worn & car's done 23,000km (about 14,000 miles for the imperialists). As they already had the car in bits I've gave them the original discs I removed when the car was new & a new set of OEM pads to install. They put these in but I didn't ask them specifically about the sensors. Maybe they stuffed up here? Alarm didn't come up until a week later so I presume the sensor was at least working when they handed the car back to me.

I'll check the sensor myself. Just one on each axle isn't there? Which side on the front?