BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
What ship am I on?

I am having some trouble finding out what ship my car is going to be on.

-The BMW website has said "awaiting transport" for a week and a half now.

-I tried entering my vin# into the W&W site but get a no records found message. According to the website this message means you don't have permision to view. Based on other posts it looks like this feature has not worked for awhile.

-I asked my dealer and all he refered me to was the W&W site. I don't think he gets a lot of requests by customers who want to track their vehicle so he might know any other way to find out what ship it is on. Either way he is currently on vacation so he will not be able to help me till next week.

Does anybody know of any other options of finding out what ship my car is on? I really want to be able to track it as it crosses the Atlantic.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
jc_lbc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 318ti

Where are you picking up your car? Your best bet is to figure out what port your boat will be arriving to and do a search on the site for the shipping schedule between Bremerhaven and the arrival port. Since it's been over a week there's always the possibility it's departed as well.

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSche...countryList.do
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
Swadeness
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
I am getting PCD so I am guessing my port will be Charlston?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Your dealer can very easily tell you exactly which boat you're on... they're just being lazy or don't care enough. My CA was awesome and gave me every detail I wanted to know.

The other thing you can do is call the 1-800 number. That will tell you when you car departs (and updates faster than the website) and you can then figure out which boat left on that day. Also keep in mind that boats make multiple stops in many cases.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 07-01-2010 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 01:31 AM   #5
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

My car still says "awaiting transport" too. This has been the case for a lil' over a week now. I can't seem to get my vin# for my car...every time I call my salesman is not around or simply is "off today". It's a recurring theme for me.
I finally have my own day off so I'm going over to the dealership tomorrow to get the vin #. I really want to track my car on the ship...or atleast know what ship, when it left Bremerhaven, etc. That's it.
The manager informed me last week that my car will be @ the port in the USA on July 5th and at my dealership july 8th. We'll see.. I want to track it.
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #6
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptempo80 View Post
My car still says "awaiting transport" too. This has been the case for a lil' over a week now. I can't seem to get my vin# for my car...every time I call my salesman is not around or simply is "off today". It's a recurring theme for me.
I finally have my own day off so I'm going over to the dealership tomorrow to get the vin #. I really want to track my car on the ship...or atleast know what ship, when it left Bremerhaven, etc. That's it.
The manager informed me last week that my car will be @ the port in the USA on July 5th and at my dealership july 8th. We'll see.. I want to track it.
Hate to break it to you but if it's still awaiting transport on the 1-800 number than you have about a week or more of transport then another few days at port. Next week is likely out so you're looking at late the following week.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #7
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptempo80 View Post
I ordered my car on June 5th. Couple of tips:

* I got more accurate information from the 800 number
* My salesman was able to tell me the name of my ship with no problem at all, so you might want to press a little on them
* The name of my ship is SHANGHAI HIGHWAY
* I'm in SoFL as well, and my arrival date is July 5th, so we're probably on the same ship
* The port of arrival for this ship is Brunswick, GA, not NYC
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #8
Swadeness
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Well I finally got BMW to tell me what ship my car is on! I am on the Curitiba, as of about a day ago it had cleared the English channel and was starting to head out into the Atlantic north of Spain. The ship is scheduled to arrive in Brunswick, Ga on the 27th. I still have to wait until my car arrives in port to find out what my PCD date is going to be. But at least I know it's on the way and I have something to track to ease the anticipation.

Anybody else on the Curitiba?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #9
jpd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135

Don't expect to track as it makes it way across the Atlantic. WW ships stop broadcasting their position. It will appear again as it nears port of entry.
Appreciate 0