biggles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3/1M (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joer View Post
Welcome to the club Biggles!

My VO 1M is due to arrive in week 16, so in three weeks time!!
However have been told I'll have to wait till the official launch date, the 14th of May...
Thanks mate i appreciate it. Im sooo jealous of you getting your car so soon, i cant wait to hear about it! What options have you gone for? Does the nav seem a popular option on here?

Biggles
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #90
Joer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
Thanks mate i appreciate it. Im sooo jealous of you getting your car so soon, i cant wait to hear about it! What options have you gone for? Does the nav seem a popular option on here?

Biggles

I probably should have waited till around the end of the year for mine, however I just couldn't resisit!

Not big on options. After long deliberation I finaly did go for the Sat Nav though. One of the reasons was for the iPhone conectivity. I do however use my current Tom Tom quite a bit.
Funny after making the decision I find it a bit annoying sticking my Tom Tom on to my screen every time I need it! And having the wires on the dash, together with my iPhone chareger wires.
Also have had my car broken into twice and my poratble sat navs taken.

Let us know what you decide on.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #91
biggles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Another daft question.....What exactly does the "USB Audio Interface" give you? On the configurator it just shows a pic of the nav screen but without paying for the nav. What am i missing?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #92
Schnorbitz
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318d

iPod dock pal, full access to the Ipod's menus through the idrive or the stereo head unit. You require a special £50 "Y Cable" which isn't included in the price.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #93
biggles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnorbitz View Post
iPod dock pal, full access to the Ipod's menus through the idrive or the stereo head unit. You require a special £50 "Y Cable" which isn't included in the price.
Thanks for that. If you dont spec the nav then im presuming its just displayed on the head unit display?

Cheers

Biggles
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #94
Boxercup
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

If you like to fiddle with things, the nav is a must.

I do crazy miles and spend loads of time in my car. So I am constantly sifting through my ipod tunes or changing music settings or watching dvds when in traffic jams or checking the vehicle status or watching the little car symbol when reversing or, well you get my point.

If you just want to drive, can't argue with that, just leave it out.

Beside, you don't have to pay £2k - depends how well you know your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #95
biggles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxercup View Post
If you like to fiddle with things, the nav is a must.

I do crazy miles and spend loads of time in my car. So I am constantly sifting through my ipod tunes or changing music settings or watching dvds when in traffic jams or checking the vehicle status or watching the little car symbol when reversing or, well you get my point.

If you just want to drive, can't argue with that, just leave it out.

Beside, you don't have to pay £2k - depends how well you know your dealer.
I only live 1 mile from work and only go to work about 1-2 days a week in winter, so do about 4-5k miles a year. I do love a good fiddle but im struggling to justify it. For the 2k i could get a remap and 18 months worth of fuel!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #96
Boxercup
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

fair enough.

Just noticed you already have an E92.

Does yours have nav mkI or mkII, only saying because mkII is much better to (ermm) navigate with shortcuts and a back button around the controller plus it has extras like a built in 'ipod' thingy.

Must stop now, I'm sounding like a bloody saleman!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #97
biggles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxercup View Post
fair enough.

Just noticed you already have an E92.

Does yours have nav mkI or mkII, only saying because mkII is much better to (ermm) navigate with shortcuts and a back button around the controller plus it has extras like a built in 'ipod' thingy.

Must stop now, I'm sounding like a bloody saleman!
Just sold my M3 to free up some pennies. It was a 57 plate so had the MkI iDrive. I didn't find it too bad although the newer one does look neater and easier to use. I had the tv as well but all i ever used the screen for was ipod/audio selection and to call up phone contacts via the bluetooth. Dont think i used the nav function once!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #98
Schnorbitz
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
Thanks for that. If you dont spec the nav then im presuming its just displayed on the head unit display?

Cheers

Biggles
Yeah, spot on, though it's worth remembering that if you spec it without nav you automatically have to take the Professional head unit as it has the second display line required to display the track / album names etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #99
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

I've been lucky enough to be able to arrange for one of BMW UK's 1Ms, in VO, to be bought over to me on Friday, in the hope it will put to bed any lingering fears I have over my colour choice. I'll obviously let everyone know what I think...!
      04-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #100
Joer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clived View Post
I've been lucky enough to be able to arrange for one of BMW UK's 1Ms, in VO, to be bought over to me on Friday, in the hope it will put to bed any lingering fears I have over my colour choice. I'll obviously let everyone know what I think...!
Wow, nice one clived!

So first 1M meet at yours on Friday...? ;-)

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #101
r11saf
Drive it like you stole it!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VO 1M Coupe

Hi guys my names Raz. Ordered myself a new 1M a few months ago used to have a 135i currently driving a Focus RS can't wait to get the new toy. Expecting delivery end of may or early June at latest.
Spec as follows

Valencia Orange ....this was a tough one really wanted white but last two cars have been white and really I think this colour is special to this car... it better be nice lol
DAB
Bluetooth telematics
Pro sat nav
Usb
Harmon Kardon
Electric folding wing mirrors
Heated seats
Electric seats with driver memory
Adaptive headlights
Sun protection glass

Think that's about it the other things on the list didn't really bother me that much.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 06:03 AM   #102
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Congrats! Happy days.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 06:36 AM   #103
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone else notice the price went up £30 on the BMW UK website?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #104
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Anyone else notice the price went up £30 on the BMW UK website?
Yes ! I cancelled my order for the AW becuase of the late arrival of the internet option. I have now went back to a BSM 1M with internet option for £95. Only problem now is that my car has slipped to July delivery I still cant make up my mind between AW and BSM but with the one that was delivered the other day at the welt it really does look good in BSM
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #105
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Yes ! I cancelled my order for the AW becuase of the late arrival of the internet option. I have now went back to a BSM 1M with internet option for £95. Only problem now is that my car has slipped to July delivery I still cant make up my mind between AW and BSM but with the one that was delivered the other day at the welt it really does look good in BSM
If you're not joking does that mean your White one will still get produced and end up in dealer stock?

Anyone in the UK with black on order get a production slot earlier than June?

If I change my colour to White change when it gets produced?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #106
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
If you're not joking does that mean your White one will still get produced and end up in dealer stock?

Anyone in the UK with black on order get a production slot earlier than June?

If I change my colour to White change when it gets produced?
Yes, i am serious. The car will be here next week and i have slipped my place from 1st to 3rd. Johnfsb is now first and an unnamed person is second and wants my order i am now waiting for the BSM to be produced.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #107
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM

Oh dear, finally managed to get a residual value and a finance quote from my dealer. News not good, they are giving a guaranteed minimum future value of £18,400 in three years and 24,000 miles. And £15,100 after 4 years and 32,000 miles. Thats from a on the road with options price of £44,700.

Also they are charging something like 12% APR, which equates to about £11,200 in interest or about £300 per month just in interest after taking out my part ex.

The APR and the low future value mean monthly payments mean I'd be paying would be way more than any of the other cars I've looked at. SO, unless the 1M Coupe is the most amazing car in the world, I'll be cancelling my order.

p.s I asked the finance guy who said they've put the GMFV low so that I "might" get some equity at the end of about 10% of the purchase price. I don't believe him though.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #108
Boxercup
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Don't worry too much about the gmfv. BMW UK lost £ millions at the end of 2008 with overpricing their gmfv's. So it's no suprise that an unknown niche model such as the 1M has their risk assessers running for the hills.

If you can finance via your bank, you'll likely get a much better deal and you'll have the benefits of not having finance linked to the car (ie. a clear HPI) and also not needing the gmfv.

I buy cars every 5 mins (and loose shed loads!), but IMHO this represent one of the best investments I've seen for years.

Don't get me wrong, you ain't gonna make money, but I'll guaratee now to buy your 24,000 miles car for £18K in 3 years!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #109
biggles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi mate, try googling "Yorkshire bank asset finance". They do car finance with balloon payments (guaranteed future value) and will undercut dealers 90% of the time on the rate. They are also negotiable on rates etc so ring them and feel free to tell a porky pie or two on what you've already been quoted!

Good luck.

Biggles
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #110
Joer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r11saf View Post
Hi guys my names Raz. Ordered myself a new 1M a few months ago used to have a 135i currently driving a Focus RS can't wait to get the new toy. Expecting delivery end of may or early June at latest.
Spec as follows

Valencia Orange ....this was a tough one really wanted white but last two cars have been white and really I think this colour is special to this car... it better be nice lol
DAB
Bluetooth telematics
Pro sat nav
Usb
Harmon Kardon
Electric folding wing mirrors
Heated seats
Electric seats with driver memory
Adaptive headlights
Sun protection glass

Think that's about it the other things on the list didn't really bother me that much.
Congrats Raz! Liking the VO choice!

Appreciate 0