BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-10-2016, 10:25 PM   #1
deadlocked
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Friend bought a stolen car from the auction

Friend of mine ended up buying a 135i from an auction was reported as stolen and ended up there. He was able to talk to contact the owner and find out that the car was stolen for about a week was FBO and has Jb4 on it and also had an E85 tune and apparently the thieves put 89 gas?

He's not sure what the implications are now. Hit me up and asked me to find out what are the dangers/effects but I'm not sure myself to be honest. He tried to get into the JB4 by the steering wheel controls but it wasn't working for whatever reason ???

Now he's trying to figure out how to revert back to a 93 tune as it's been tuned for E85 and he doesn't want to run that but he's not sure how to? I'm pretty new to this platform myself and I'm trying to help him out. Also he drove the car down the street as I was with him and it seems like whenever he gets on the gas his RPM's surge but the car doesn't engage? Possible tranny slipping? What do you guys think/suggest?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #2
deadlocked
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Here's the how car sounds

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 01:23 AM   #3
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 6mt

Evidently the tune was removed .. cars usually get stripped sitting around of most aftermarket parts. Even if he was running a e85 backend the jb4 was removed so it is back to stock. Another way to confirm this is try connecting to the obd2 port. If you connect without any problems it's evident the car has no tune because if it was on any other map than 0 or uninstalled then the obd2 port would be blocked not letting you connect . I don't believe it's on map 0 either because steering controls would work..
Appreciate 0