BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-07-2016, 10:19 PM   #1
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

LPFP sensor, did I get burned?

Last month I had my LPFP replaced by a highly reputable BMW shop in Miami, FL. I threw a LPFP sensor code and it had to be replaced, but the shop didn't install the updated fuel line that connects to the sensor. All they did was replace the sensor, why? When I asked why the part was so cheap the owner said the sensor by itself only had to be replaced. Now mind you, I drove 50 miles one way, because I was told that this shop was really really good and reputable. 1 week later I start smelling fuel in the cabin of my car. I called and informed the owner of the shop, and he told me that just the sensor had to be replaced period. He was very cantakerous and he didn't want to help me out at all. He was sticking to his side of the story and that was it. He said that there was no upgrade to the LPFP sensor at all. Again, please advise he was 50 miles away (one way) from my place, and I didn't have time to jump in my car to have his tech look at my car. In the end, the dealership fixed it, but I had to buy another sensor with the upgraded fuel line. My question is, should I make him pay for the dealership bill because he failed to install the upgraded part or let things go?
Myles
Appreciate 0