BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Talking Dynavin Radio Navigation Systems now Available From Extreme Power House!

Happy to announce that we now offer Dynavin products!

Their newest product for the E8x chassis is the N7 RADIO NAVIGATION SYSTEM

Compatibility: Cars with the Logic7 Audio System require the MOST adapter
  • Plug and Play!
  • Premium 6.2"/16:9 LCD capacitive touchscreen display (1024 x 600 resolution)
  • iBUS solution integration (for functionality of steering wheel controls)
  • FM RDS TMC tuner with DSP noise masking and 30 preset stations
  • Integrated Sound DSP processor with EQ, time correction and 4V pre-out
  • AV input/output
  • CD+DVD disc player
  • SiriusXM compatible with SXV300 Tuner (plug-and-play) sold separately
  • Parrot Bluetooth (external microphone included) for audio streaming and hands-free voice calling via any smartphone (Android, Apple, etc.)
  • Multimedia player by USB connectivity and SD card reader
  • Reverse/back-up camera ready; compatible with most universal back-up cameras (see backup camera sold separately)
  • SMARTPHONE COMPATIBLE: ANDROID, APPLE iOS, AND MORE
  • Android Link screen-mirroring for Android devices through USB. Control your Android device on the Dynavin's touchscreen
  • Apple CarPlay compatible with the Dynavin iLink for Apple CarPlay add-on
  • iPhone/iPod/iPad - Ready (Connect with a "Lightning Cable" to play music and charge your Apple device)
  • DynOS operating system platform developed by Dynavin
  • Includes navigation software with 3D landview and premium POI: Includes a licensed copy of iGo Primo Navigation Program with North American maps (A $99 VALUE).

Features

Smartphone Ready
The Dynavin N7 can connect directly to your iPod, iPhone, iPad for music via USB and it will display artist, album, song, and album art on the Dynavin's touchscreen. A wired USB connection provides direct digital signal transfer from your device for clean, clear sound all while keeping your device charged. Simple, intuitive search tools help you find your content faster. Android smartphones can connect via Bluetooth and display artist, album, and song but not album art.

Android Link
Use Android Link to see and control your compatible Android device from your Dynavin's touchscreen. Combine Android Link with the Android Auto phone app for a simplified interface, large buttons, and voice commands designed to make it easier to use apps from your phone while on the road.

SiriusXM Satellite Radio Ready
Add the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle tuner (sold separately) to listen to your SiriusXM subscription anytime, anywhere.

Capacitive Anti-glare Touchscreen
View your Media and Navigation on a clear, high resolution display. A capacitive anti-glare touchscreen gives you precise fingertip control and superior visibility in all lighting conditions

Dual Radio Tuner
The Dynavin uses an FM phase diversity circuit, processing the signals of the dual antennas built into the vehicle. DSP algorithms create a noise and distortion free FM signal by merging both radio signals into a single new audio stream. Allowing for optimal radio reception even under the most challenging conditions.

Parrot Bluetooth
Bluetooth Plus gives you hands-free phone operation plus many other convenient functions like easy alphabetical phonebook search, hold and switch incoming calls, battery and mobile reception level indicators, plus advanced audio streaming while displaying song, artist and tag information. Compatible with any smartphone.

iGo Primo Navigation- included (North America, Europe, or Australia)
Dynavin N7 features a built-in navigation system with simple destination input, turn-by-turn voice prompts, and selectable route guidance - everything you need to reach your destination quickly and efficiently. Pre-loaded with rich points of interest, its database includes national parks, restaurants, petrol stations, and much more. Furthermore, Dynavin offers 30 days FREE updating on the maps after the first use. Visit www.naviextras.com to update.

4V Preout
High powered 4 Volt Preamp Outputs ensures ultra clean signal transmission from the Dynavin to aftermarket amplifiers. When properly gain matched these high voltage RCAs virtually eliminate noise and distortion, even at high volume levels.

DSP Sound Integration
Dynavin N7 head units use high-resolution Burr Brown 24-Bit Digital to Analogue conversion allowing for clean, accurate, stunning sound reproduction

CANBUS Integration

1. Steering wheel remote control integration
2. Multifunctional display (MFD+) integration
3. Onboard computer information integration
4. Virtual parking track line integration

Specifications:

Tuner

Memory Presets: Preset Stations (FM:15 / MW: 15)
Memory: Auto Memory

RDS

RDS Functions: AF, TA, TP, PTY, NEWS, RADIO TEXT

Bluetooth

Compatible with Android smartphones and Apple iPhone, iPod, and iPad
Built-In Parrot Bluetooth Module
Bluetooth audio streaming with tag info display
Hands-Free Calling
Phone Book Transfer
Phone Book Search: Alphabet Search
Favorite contacts
Wired Microphone Included
Redial Function
Call History Display
Adjusting the volume when receiving a call

About iPod Connectivity

USB Connection (USB Cable Included)
Compatibility for iPod?: iPod touch 4G/3G/2G/1G, iPod classic, iPod with Video, iPod nano 6G/5G/4G/3G/2G/1G, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone
M.I.X. (Shuffle) Capability: Song, Albums, All
Music Control: Song Up/Down, Fast Forward/Backward, Repeat
Available Selections: Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, Audiobook
Alphabet Search Function
Information Display: Album Art, Song (Title, Album)
Direct iPod/iPhone Control Function

Disc Player

DVD+CD Player
Disc Playback Type: DVD Video, DVD Audio (2ch mix down), CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DVDR/RW, DVD-VR
Compressed Media Playback: MPEG/ AVI /RM/ FLV/ ASF/ WMV/ MP4/ MKV/ OGM/ DivX/ MP3/ WMA/ AAC Playback
24bit-DAC
Sensor: Music Sensor Scan, Repeat
Playback Control: Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Backward
DVD Direct Menu Control
M.I.X. Mode: One (Folder) / All (Random Play) / Random (CD Only)

USB / SD Media Connection

USB Connection (USB Cable Included)
Music Playback: MP3/AAC/WMA Playback
USB Class: Mass Storage, Play from device
Available Selections: Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, Audiobook
Alphabet Search Function
Information Display: Artist, Song Title, Album Title
Cover Art Displayed on Apple Devices only

Sound Tuning

Subwoofer Level Adjustment
Dyna-Bass level adjustment
Bass Level Adjustment
Bass Center Frequency Adjustment
Bass Bandwidth Adjustment
Treble Level Adjustment
Treble Center Frequency Adjustment
Source Tone Memory
Time Correction Adjustment
Equalizer: 9-Band Parametric Equalizer Feature

General

Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
High Grade Audiophile Design
SD Card: Video Playback
PreOut: 3 sets PreOuts (4V) and 1 AV Output
AUX-In: 1 AV Input
Steering Wheel Control interface included
Auto Dimmer
Power Antenna Output
Amplifier Remote Turn-On Output
Audio Interrupt
Camera Guide Line Adjustment
Dual Zone Control

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E88 and 2016 F85

Mike, this unit is plug and play into the existing head unit (BMW Professional) correct ?
My DTC, Hazard and door lock switch are all in the dashboard between the vents.

**edit - or is there a separate head unit included that has the DTC etc built in ?
What about roof controls ?

Is there a way I can tell what audio I currently have....I bought the car used and don't know if I have premium or base. I'm no audiophile so there's that....
Looking for an aftermarket touchscreen option with navigation and this seems to be an option. Will I still need to replace the LCD optrex glass on the current head unit (it's failed) or will this negate the need to do that ?
Thanks

Last edited by Mandinca; 12-09-2017 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #3
baldev
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i, Audi RS5, Cayenne

My experience with buying Dynavin is atrocious. Never will I recommend them. Service very poor delivery even worse.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldev View Post
My experience with buying Dynavin is atrocious. Never will I recommend them. Service very poor delivery even worse.
Sorry to hear that but you will not be buying from them you will buying the product from us and we have amazing customer service.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 05:13 PM   #5
CMT206
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

How does the device actually attach to the dash?

Is there a remote/joystick for this (similar to I drive)?

Wired or wireless carplay?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2017, 11:16 AM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT206 View Post
How does the device actually attach to the dash?

Is there a remote/joystick for this (similar to I drive)?

Wired or wireless carplay?
No joystick, its a touch screen and you get to keep your steering wheels control

No sure exactly how it attaches but you need to remove the dash trim

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #7
Fender13Bender
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Does the stock radio still have to be installed somewhere?

Can different apps be downloaded onto this device? Like OBDII software to monitor engine parameters?

Does this work with Harmon Kardon?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 09:30 PM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender13Bender View Post
Does the stock radio still have to be installed somewhere?

Can different apps be downloaded onto this device? Like OBDII software to monitor engine parameters?

Does this work with Harmon Kardon?
No
No
Yes

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 08:06 PM   #9
Fender13Bender
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
No
No
Yes
Thank you

So the only way Android works is via bluetooth?

Does this utilize the stock USB connected in the center console?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 08:50 PM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender13Bender View Post
Thank you

So the only way Android works is via bluetooth?

Does this utilize the stock USB connected in the center console?
Im going to need to check with Dynavin for an answer to your questions

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 10:49 PM   #11
RaleighIrishman
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Im going to need to check with Dynavin for an answer to your questions
Hey Mike,

I saw on the website it says it has Android Auto support. Wouldn't that mean that I could use the current USB hub that is under the armrest? If that is the case that would be great!

You also stated that no extra apps can be installed, but I was curious on how would I go about updating the GPS when the time comes? Would it be a simple buy, and then download it slap it onto a SD card then pop it in?

There aren't photos that represent where a USB could/should plug into the unit nor does it show where the SD card slot is.

Are there any additional photos that could be provided, or maybe even as a customer friendly suggestion you guys make an official Youtube with videos to represent the units. Even show how easy the installation is.

I noticed the current selection of finding information is slim, and the same information regurgitated without real reviews, and users showing their products. Along with not many videos really give much in depth; they are mostly annoying dubstep tracks and horrible text overlays with a lack of real information about the unit. Also, the videos provided for the specific model are all UK based.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 11:17 PM   #12
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighIrishman View Post
Hey Mike,

I saw on the website it says it has Android Auto support. Wouldn't that mean that I could use the current USB hub that is under the armrest? If that is the case that would be great!

You also stated that no extra apps can be installed, but I was curious on how would I go about updating the GPS when the time comes? Would it be a simple buy, and then download it slap it onto a SD card then pop it in?

There aren't photos that represent where a USB could/should plug into the unit nor does it show where the SD card slot is.

Are there any additional photos that could be provided, or maybe even as a customer friendly suggestion you guys make an official Youtube with videos to represent the units. Even show how easy the installation is.

I noticed the current selection of finding information is slim, and the same information regurgitated without real reviews, and users showing their products. Along with not many videos really give much in depth; they are mostly annoying dubstep tracks and horrible text overlays with a lack of real information about the unit. Also, the videos provided for the specific model are all UK based.
Im checking with Dynavin for answer for all your questions

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 11:29 PM   #13
RaleighIrishman
Rep

Quote:
Thanks a load, can't wait to hear back!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 11:48 PM   #14
RaleighIrishman
Rep

Quote:
Hey Mike,

Just wanted to follow up if you got any answers to my questions.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #15
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Mike,

Just wanted to follow up if you got any answers to my questions.
Nothing yet

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #16
baldev
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i, Audi RS5, Cayenne

answers !!!!

Thats what I meant as t how do we support a product that after 4 weeks is still waiting for an answer.....First Question was on 16th Jan and still not answere, 2nd on 2nd of Feb....still not answered.

Like I said I bought a system that was fully paid for from Dynavin that did not arrive and when called customer support it went unanswered. I had to resort to Credit Card company to get my cash back.

HOW DOES ONE EXPECT TO TRUST A COMPANY LET ALONE THEIR PRODUCT.

Many with HK system want an aftermarket that works with the prof system but the bitter aftertaste is hard to swallow.

Dev
Audubon, Pa
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2018, 10:19 PM   #17
Enoe Ulbeht
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Hey Mike,

Since I just installed one (N7) on my 128 I can answer your questions.

Android auto:
The unit does not have Android auto functionality. It uses "developer options" which can be enabled on Android phones to mirror your phone screen to the Dynavin screen. They call it Android link.
This option uses a third party application on your phone instead of Android auto, in Chinese, that you have to download using a QR code. Unfortunately, the version of the app that we are using is able to control the phone by gestures on the headunit screen only for the Chinese market apps that it comes pre-loaded with. It DOES NOT Control things like Waze, Spotify, Pandora, Google apps, or anything else the American market would be interested in beyond rudimentary functions such as launching and closing. The apps however project on the headunit screen and that is nice.

USB and Android
You cannot use the USB hub under the armrest because the Dynavin head unit does not connect to it. You could come up with a way to connect one or both of the two available USB inputs of the Dynavin (J&T distributing sells a cable with appropriate female plug) but it is not plug and play. It is quite easy to drop a USB cable at the location of the ashtray and connect your phone there for charging and to use the Android link.

Issues with Android link:
Generally speaking, the interface is buggy. On my phone, it gets stuck once I connect my phone and I have to unplug and re-plug the USB, or change the USB function from the settings to wake it up and make it project on the headunit. On top of that, every 10 minutes or so it disconnects and I have to fidget with it to make it reconnect. This last problem may be caused by the USB cable that I am using (I read somewhere people having issues with long cables and android link), so I will have to try a shorter and better one to verify.
Having said that, when it is connected the image is OK and it is obviously very nice and useful. Plus you can use voice commands and you don't have to look for your phone all the time because it is projected on the screen.

GPS app
The GPS app I like a lot. It is not Waze, it does not have real time traffic over the internet (it scans radio frequencies though) but it is well designed and has nice options. It is a .exe file that you can load through the provided SD card. the unit has 2 micro SD cards on the front panel under a plastic cover that looks like the rest of the buttons. You pull the cap, insert the SD card and it works fine. I have played video and audio through the SD card and I like it a lot.

Bluetooth phone calls
The bluetooth phone call function is one of the best I have used. It is better than most OEM systems as long as you can place the directional microphone properly aimed. Since I have a convertible I placed it on the steering column. I will find out how well it works with the roof down in a few months. It is snowy and freaking cold in Michigan right now. I have had the phone interface freeze once or twice, but it generally works reliably.

Bluetooth audio
It works fine and is in general quieter in terms of noise compared to a dongle I used in the past with my BMW headunit. I still hear a minor whine but it can be reduced using the equalizer and other sound settings.

Sound tuning
I think the interface is intuitive and offers a lot of settings incuding the delay of each speaker separately. Once, while playing with the audio delay settings the whole interface froze and I had to reload the firmware the next day through the SD card to make the Headunit work properly again. It happened once, never again, I am not sure how I caused it, and since I was in advanced exploration mode (i.e let's press everything to see what it does mode), I don't blame the unit.

Installation The installation is a bit more involved than any audio headunit because you need to figure out how to connect to always on power (I chose to run cable to the battery in the trunk) and because you have to figure out where to place the magnetic GPS antenna (I placed it behind the vents under the dash-there is a metal brace there and it sticks and works fine). There is a detailed how-to on the e90 series forum and I think one more partial one on our forum.

Functionality, Fit and finish
Overall the unit sounds good, the interface is beautiful and intuitive, works fine with minor hickups, and does not look insulting on your dash. It is made of cheaper plastic than BMW-plastic but it doesn't look like it does so. You will only notice when you try to aim the replacement vents. They feel flimsy and I am afraid that I might brake them if I am not careful although I think this is just because of the flimsiness. They are quite elastic. The lighting is a shade lighter than bmw orange-red, but I personally don't notice. I am sure there is a way to control this but J&T distributing might be able to help with that.

Support
I only contacted J&T distributing before I purchase the unit. I don't have a bad experience with them, and I suggest that you try to chat with them on facebook messenger. They have replied within minutes to me in the past. I plan to contact them again soon for some help with Android link and the chinese language app (which seems generally high quality-just not suitable), but I currently need to allocate some time to other projects.

Pictures:
I have not yet found how to place captions under the pictures so I list the captions here from top to bottom
1. Dynavin replacement headunit. You can see the SD card slot next to the DTC button
2. Removing trunk floor to get to the battery. The N7 includes a fuse on the power cable so no need for fuse taps or extra fuses if you connect to the battery.
3.Removing panel between rear seat and trunk to feed power cable
4. Feeding the GPS antenna behind the central vent under the dash
5. Feeding the yellow power cable behind the dash all the way around the firewall. (Please note the gutted central audio/ac panel - there is no way around it)
6.Yellow power cable routing under rear bottom seat cushion carpet (I also used an extra piece of carpet at the center of the rear bench between the seat belt latches to protect cable from any damage. I had to unscrew one bolt of the rear seatback to make the cable go through the gap to the trunk.
7. Routing the power cable required pulling back the insulation under the passenger side carpet from front all the way to the back seat. I could probably do a bit more work and route the cable through the channels used by other power cables but I found it would take more time than I had at hand.

I hope this helps!
Attached Images

Last edited by Enoe Ulbeht; 02-13-2018 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: Add more details about Android link and bluetooth functionality
Appreciate 1