BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
animah
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

iDrive iPod sorting by albums? + some infos

I would like to clear something with the new iDrive in my 1M but first for not be kicked out into the unread connected/idrive/ipod related forum (which would be totally fair) I'm gonna give some related info on the 1M...

Did you know that the new 1M gearbox use some brandnew special oil which is not used in any others current BMW, M cars included? (the oil name ref sounds like ~MLTF 5 something like that at least here in Schweiz) Be aware your dealer might not be well informed as I recently experienced and that could cost you an another trip for just 1 liter of oil. (anyway I found some nice small forgotten and tortured roads on the way to my dealer )

My dealer aslo told me that the only other 1M which they have been able to place into production is for a driving-school I mean learning-driving-school! Spoiled kids!! I'm glad I learned to drive in some shitty FWD when I bought my first car (e36 6L 2.0l) it was like a dream come true. If they don't have the balls for a 599 GTO their first car could be very disappointing!

Oh, I put the black performance grill but you probably don't really care since we already saw many pics...

...Soooo about my initial problem: I would like to have my ipod songs (no from the playlist) to be sorted by albums which I can if I plug my ipod already sorted like that (ipod menu music=>albums=>all albums/songs) but then if i do any filter/search trough the iDrive and then remove all filters/search all songs get sorted by the song name! I googled tried many different ways but in the end everything get always sorted by the fu@#!èg da#ü&t! song name.

I owned the 2008 hifi pro in my previous one and I was able to apply any desired sort albums/artists/genres etc but now with iDrive I can't did I miss something?

FYI I use a iPod 4gen nano with a fresh updated firmware. Do you have the same problem if not, how do you do it and which iPod do you own?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
SUBIMMER
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2004 cobb STI/ AW 1M comming s

Quote:
Originally Posted by animah View Post
I would like to clear something with the new iDrive in my 1M but first for not be kicked out into the unread connected/idrive/ipod related forum (which would be totally fair) I'm gonna give some related info on the 1M...

Did you know that the new 1M gearbox use some brandnew special oil which is not used in any others current BMW, M cars included? (the oil name ref sounds like ~MLTF 5 something like that at least here in Schweiz) Be aware your dealer might not be well informed as I recently experienced and that could cost you an another trip for just 1 liter of oil. (anyway I found some nice small forgotten and tortured roads on the way to my dealer )

My dealer aslo told me that the only other 1M which they have been able to place into production is for a driving-school I mean learning-driving-school! Spoiled kids!! I'm glad I learned to drive in some shitty FWD when I bought my first car (e36 6L 2.0l) it was like a dream come true. If they don't have the balls for a 599 GTO their first car could be very disappointing!

Oh, I put the black performance grill but you probably don't really care since we already saw many pics...

...Soooo about my initial problem: I would like to have my ipod songs (no from the playlist) to be sorted by albums which I can if I plug my ipod already sorted like that (ipod menu music=>albums=>all albums/songs) but then if i do any filter/search trough the iDrive and then remove all filters/search all songs get sorted by the song name! I googled tried many different ways but in the end everything get always sorted by the fu@#!èg da#ü&t! song name.

I owned the 2008 hifi pro in my previous one and I was able to apply any desired sort albums/artists/genres etc but now with iDrive I can't did I miss something?

FYI I use a iPod 4gen nano with a fresh updated firmware. Do you have the same problem if not, how do you do it and which iPod do you own?
everyone knows ipod nano is for girls!!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
animah
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBIMMER View Post
everyone knows ipod nano is for girls!!
yeah so they say and the 1 series too...

I'll throw away the nano if it's the problem anyway I planned to do so.

At least thank you for the bump! Anyone have been able to sort all songs the way you want with the iDrive?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep
Drives: The horse I fell off

Quote:
Originally Posted by animah View Post
yeah so they say and the 1 series too...

I'll throw away the nano if it's the problem anyway I planned to do so.

At least thank you for the bump! Anyone have been able to sort all songs the way you want with the iDrive?
I'm still working on it in my 1M. My other car is a 2007 335i and it is much easier to configure the playing of music without having to go into multi menus. Also on my 335 I could assign a memory button to the ipod which saved going into the menu. On the 1M it won't let me save to a memory button.

It may work better if the ipod contents are loaded into the car's hard drive.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
CaptSlow
Private
Rep
Drives: One of a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazz View Post
I'm still working on it in my 1M. My other car is a 2007 335i and it is much easier to configure the playing of music without having to go into multi menus. Also on my 335 I could assign a memory button to the ipod which saved going into the menu. On the 1M it won't let me save to a memory button.

It may work better if the ipod contents are loaded into the car's hard drive.
Gazz, could you let us know how the ipod contents can be loaded into the car's hardrive? I thought a direct upload from the ipod was not possible to the vehicle? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #6
l888apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M

it is possible to sort by album very easily...here is a video I made of how to do it...still processing should be up soon

Appreciate 0