BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
130iWanted
Captain Slow
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive20D

Full Set of Rear Suspension Bushings (Not subframe) - NOW NEEDED!

EDIT:
After a full set of stock rear control arms and or bushings that are near new. Anyone who has upgraded to M parts should be able to help out!

The arms in question are 14, 18 & 19
http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E8...el_suspension/

PLUS - Bushings for items 4 & 11

ORIGINAL POST:
Had the car serviced today, only done 72,500km.

All 6 rear trailing arms' bushings are soft as jelly! Would explain the strange noises in the back I've had for the past year and whey my car had always looked slammed... the consequence is that it has shredded my rear tyres due to aggressive neg camber, a lot worse on the left than the right.

Has anyone seen this happen before? Mechanic said it's most likely the rear struts not taking the strain and needing replacement. The front control arm bushings were gone as well, had them replaced with a spare set I got on here ages ago for a case of beer.

Would these do the trick?

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-135...ame/ES2538694/

Last edited by 130iWanted; 07-08-2012 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iWanted View Post
Had the car serviced today, only done 72,500km.

All 6 rear trailing arms' bushings are soft as jelly! Would explain the strange noises in the back I've had for the past year and whey my car had always looked slammed... the consequence is that it has shredded my rear tyres due to aggressive neg camber, a lot worse on the left than the right.

Has anyone seen this happen before? Mechanic said it's most likely the rear struts not taking the strain and needing replacement. The front control arm bushings were gone as well, had them replaced with a spare set I got on here ages ago for a case of beer.

Would these do the trick?

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-135...ame/ES2538694/
Sounds like that kit would do the trick.

Was going to suggest you just upgrade to M3 bushings at the same time... then realised the kit you linked had all that.

Otherwise get your mech to let you know specifically what's needed and just buy that.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
Walnut
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 130i

Is there any way for the DIYer to check bushings? I have similar symptoms, plus the rear can groan and creak if you push hard and lean on the rear panel. Also, when I park on any hill, put the handbrake on, then release the foot brake (to get out), the rear groans/creaks loudly as it seems to relax on the handbrake...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
130iWanted
Captain Slow
Australia
Rep

Just got the mech to show me what needs what.

Seems like I need EVERY single bushing done. PLUS new struts front and rear...

Camber Link
Trailing Arms
2 Upper Rods
1 Lower Rod

Oh god this is going to be pricey.

Does anyone have a spare set of rear control arms and bushings that are near new left over from an M upgrade?? haha
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
130iWanted
Captain Slow
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
Is there any way for the DIYer to check bushings? I have similar symptoms, plus the rear can groan and creak if you push hard and lean on the rear panel. Also, when I park on any hill, put the handbrake on, then release the foot brake (to get out), the rear groans/creaks loudly as it seems to relax on the handbrake...
Lift the car up and get a screw driver and prod the bushings to see if you can get the arms to move. If it moves easily, its gone!
Appreciate 0