BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: What license plate does your car have?
Standard 4 57.14%
Euro Plate 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

04-28-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Talking Anyone have a EURO Plate? Where can you buy small ones?

Is there anywhere you can buy small license plates with international delivery online?

My license plate is 6 characters and the standard ones ugly
I found this

But the max is 5 Characters
Does anyone know of one similar Euro (shorter,wider) style that can handle 6 characters.

Please link me if you do!!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 05:27 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

In Germany there are three size euro tags. The standard is seven digits long. The shortest is four or five I think.

What are you looking for? I could maybe go to the place that makes the tags locally here. ???
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 05:43 AM   #3
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoez View Post
Is there anywhere you can buy small license plates with international delivery online?

My license plate is 6 characters and the standard ones ugly
I found this

But the max is 5 Characters
Does anyone know of one similar Euro (shorter,wider) style that can handle 6 characters.

Please link me if you do!!

Cheers
But can't you just order a euro-style plate in New Zealand. My friend has them on his Porsche and I saw plenty of them when I lived there.

http://www.plates.co.nz/search/choos...ies=europorblk

Check out the personalised plates website...
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 06:00 AM   #4
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep

Nah I want the small one similar to the image i showed above, but the one I showed is max 5 letters.

My registration is 6 letters.
So i just want something like the one above, as short in length as possible, and fit 6 letters

The one at plates.co.nz is almost 2x as long as the one i showed in the image above lol...
Thats why I dont want it
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 06:08 AM   #5
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep

Garage List
Ah I see.

Well probably the shortest you will find are the Belgian plates. Check out the photo of my car. They don't have anything on them other than letters & numbers. But I don't think they are much smaller than standard NZ plates.

What about getting a vinyl sticker made? My front plate is a sticker. Then you can have it any size you like. May not be strictly legal... but then I don't think plates from other countries would be legal either.
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 06:10 AM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Well... I know Griots Garage sells them in the states.

Are you looking for a LEGAL tag? Or just some German custom tag?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 06:29 AM   #7
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep

I can't find any online website that sell vinyl sticker, else I was considering that option.

I dont think either is "legal" but I don't care too much, so I think if i just find a place that will sell a small plate I should be okay. Police won't really care that much if its plate, but if sticker I might have more trouble.

So for now I just wanna find a small plate, fit 6 letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123D-M View Post
Ah I see.

Well probably the shortest you will find are the Belgian plates. Check out the photo of my car. They don't have anything on them other than letters & numbers. But I don't think they are much smaller than standard NZ plates.

What about getting a vinyl sticker made? My front plate is a sticker. Then you can have it any size you like. May not be strictly legal... but then I don't think plates from other countries would be legal either.
Yeahhh your plates nice. Is any of your plates real plate? or both sides sticker?

Where can I get a plate, but similar size to yours?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 06:32 AM   #8
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep

Garage List
OK, well don't think I can help with a plate. I'm just using the rear plate that was delivered by the government.

Any vinyl sign writer should be able to whip you up a sticker. Mine was custom-made in about 10 minutes. You just need to know the font the numberplates use so it looks realistic.
Appreciate 0