BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
lamj01
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Black Sapphire

Please help. Tire questions. Thanks!

Thanks for reading this. I don't know much about tires so any advice is much appreciated.

I have a 09 135i with the M-package so 18" wheels. They are factory right now so they are.

215/40R18F
245/35R18R

My questions are...

- Can I out the Potenza RE760 sport tires on all four wheels without changing out the rims? Is it going to rub? Ive done no aftermarket mods to the car.

- will the car run ok if I do this? My understanding is that there will be more oversteer since the wheels will all be the same dimensions. I use the car for daily driving and occasionally like to drive it hard on turns but thats it. No track driving.

I'm trying to get rid of the run flats mainly due to cost. I can't replace these tires every 17k miles. Also everyone on the forum seems to dislike them and this way i can rotate the tires to prolong the life of them. Was thinking of getting a spare or a tire slime kit.

Please let ne know what you think. Greatly appreciated.