BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
EMPOWERD
track instructor
Canada
Rep
Drives: 993 GT2, E46 M3, E93 335i

Sunday May 26th - Mosport DDT Autoslalom & Lapping Event $125.00!!

Sunday May 26 -Mosport DDT

Mosport International Raceway – Driver Development Track
3233 Concession Rd. # 10,
Bowmanville (Clarington), ON
L1C 3K6
GPS Coordinates are: 44.055472, -78.678482
Google Map Link

Times:
Registration opens 7:00am-8:00am
Track Walk 8:00am-8:30am
Autoslalom 9:00am-1:00pm
Open Lapping1:00pm-5:00pm

Cost:
Autoslalom $50.00 (members)
Autoslalom $65.00 (non-members)
Lapping $70.00 (members)
Lapping $85.00 (non-members)
Autoslalom & Lapping $100.00 (members)
Autoslalom & Lapping$125.00 (non-members)

For "member" rates, you must be a member of the The BMW Club of Canada, affiliate BMWCCA chapters or CASC Clubs. Membership fees are $62.15 (HST included).
If you've never participated before and would like to try it out for the first time you may do so as a guest for $50.00 as a one time allowance.

We will have morning breakfast & Tim Horton's available for purchase at the event (local chip-wagon setting up). The same source will have lunch available... bring extra cash.
Register early and get your car ready. Be part of the track walk. This is the most important part to learn the course!
Late comers will have to get rides with other participants to learn the course. If you miss the track walk, and you may also miss out on your first practice run!

Helmets are always mandatory. A recommendation of Snell 2000 or SA2000 or better is preferable.
Some loaner helmets will be available for rent, but this is on a first come, first serve basis. Helmet rentals are free with driver's license loan-exchanged.
If you plan on competing towards the autoslalom finals & competition trophy (awarded at the Christmas Dinner)
we have decided to take your best results from 6 of 8 events (keep in mind Winter Go-Karting results also count for the later).

EDIT CONVERTIBLES:
Convertibles (with factory, or aftermarket roll-over protection) can participate in the Autoslalom, AND the open lapping. If your convertible has NO roll-over protection what-so-ever, it is not allowed to participate.

Autoslalom registration for 2013 season cannot be done electronically via our website. You can pay upon arrival the morning of.
Memberships however are available electronically on our website.
As usual with these facilities, washrooms will always be open for usage all day long. You can buy lunch from a chip wagon on site (bring some extra cash).

First-Timers:
Be there early to familiarize yourself with the event participation & responsibilities.
Please note that all observers, helpers, and passengers must complete a waiver.
Parents or guardians need to submit waivers for children.
Please keep check back to see updates as some of this information is subject to change!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at Randy.Sparre@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

Randy Sparre
Autoslalom Chair

P.S. Volunteers needed!
Anyone that can help out with Autoslalom please e-mail me.
You will automatically be qualified for our new rewards program (build up enough volunteer hours and you can get a free Mosport school!)
We need your help to keep these events alive.

P.P.S This event will (officially) no longer be called "Autocross", rather "Autoslalom"

-'07 328i (Alpine White/blk)

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 05-21-2013 at 12:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
EMPOWERD
track instructor
Canada
Rep

Sorry to do this guys, but there's a change (for the better) regarding Convertibles (OP is edited).
Seems some phone calls were made to the insurance company over the weekend and issues are clarified.

EDIT CONVERTIBLES:
Convertibles (with factory, or aftermarket roll-over protection) can participate in the Autoslalom, AND the open lapping. If your convertible has NO roll-over protection what-so-ever, it is not allowed to participate.

Also, just a reminder due to the pleasant weather....

Drivers/Passengers wearing shorts/open toe shoes NOT allowed... Long pants & proper shoes on-track only.

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 05-23-2013 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
EMPOWERD
track instructor
Canada
Rep

Here are the (unofficial) results. Click TAB on bottom to select "May 26" event. If you have a protest, please contact autoslalom@abela.ca

http://sdrv.ms/17GPdfa
Appreciate 0