BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-23-2014, 09:38 AM   #1
GAZ 345
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 1M

window washers

just a heads up to save you taking your 1M into dealer,window washers stopped working this week,i could hear the motor working & headlight washers were working,so thought it must be blocked somewhere,the motor is under the front wing so was not wanting to get involved in that,so i removed the hose under the bonnet washer jet,this is quite tight don't just try & pull it straight off,you could break it,put a small screwdriver under hose to break the seal then twist it till it moves free,once removed i blew down the hose you could hear the water bubbling in bottle,so tried washers before i connected hose back up,quite a bit of gunk came out,then connected hose back up & worked perfect must have had a blockage somewhere,worth trying before you start stripping the wheel arch to get to the motor or taking it to dealer to fix

Last edited by GAZ 345; 02-24-2014 at 04:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
mcx_
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe, 991 50th edition

Cheers will try this as mine are hardly squirting any washer fluid at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
iDave
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition Pack

Had this three times now , getting used to removing inner arch and cleaning the gunge out , and that was using the BMW washer fluid so now using some from halfords to see how that goes
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #4
gazz
///Mbassador
Australia
Rep
Drives: The horse I fell off

Don't make the mistake of using dishwashing liquid detergent as I did. ( It cleans glasses doesn't it? ). It will form a sludge in the bottle of the reservoir tank at the pump pickup point necessitating the aforementioned arch removal etc. I'm surprised that the proprietary BMW fluid gunks up. That would be a case for BMW remedying the problem?
Appreciate 0