BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-13-2018, 05:12 AM   #1
optmsimon
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d M-Sport 2007

BMW Xenon Headlight Retrofit on Halogen E87 (or just aftermarkets?)

I have a 2007 118d E87 hatch that has the standard halogens that just look soooo dated. I'm looking to replace them with stock BMW xenon headlights ideally.

I have a source for a pair of the lights, but wondering what other pieces will need to be taken from the donor car. We are unsure whether the footwell modules need to be taken as well, or whether my existing ones can be recoded?

Finally, if the factory retrofit proves to be a difficult job, are there any aftermarket headlights that look very close to factory? I have seen Schmiedmann FL87 headlights on their website and can actually get them delivered cheaper than the stock BMW lights, but I don't know if they look close to stock. Any experience with these and how good they look / how easy these are to install?

Cheers all
Appreciate 0