BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #23
zayzay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 1M

yes i have the cobb and i just got the map from ptf.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #24
marc@x-ph.com
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i

replied
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #25
marc@x-ph.com
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
So you got a Cobb shipped & delivered within 1 days of starting this thread... wow! teleportation or 3D printer?
lol. I was surprised as well.

Glad I could help though
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #26
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '09 335i M Sport

Post deleted...didn't realize you already made the decision.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #27
HER 1M
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M & 2004 M3

Has anyone tried a DINAN stage 2 tune?

From the looks of this forum, I might be the only one...;-) I had it installed and a few days of normal driving later, it threw four boost pressure limp motor codes - lovely! Thus, I took it to BMW (its still CPO'd to 100K miles, thus my DINAN choices) and all of the codes had already cleared; they smoke tested the motor for vacuum/boost leaks, and found nothing. It seems fine now. Ughhh. I also had DINAN's coil-overs and sway bar installed...and OMG, I LOVE those parts...the car is lowered a teeny tiny bit and it feels tighter and handles amazingly better from a body roll/toe-in perspective - can't wait to take her back to the track! I tried the DINAN bolt-on exhaust and took it off after a few days - it might sound nice, but I don't like the looks of the tips at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 07:05 PM   #28
wobbles1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 1M #541

Cobb ftw. Love mine even with the ots maps. Will get PTf one day but I don't want downpipes. Just too loud for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #29
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

I been running the Evole Stage 3 tune for 2 years and its been faultless, no mechanical issues, no stuttering, great fuel return when taking it easy...35mpg when driving at 72mph and excellent customer service.
You also get updates to the software when its needed.

Really cant fault them.

Last edited by kiysersosae; 01-16-2015 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #30
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Old thread but since someone bumped it ill add that everyone should look at the combo of the jb4 with a flash tune(which can be done with a $180 Bavarian technic diagnostic cable and the [Admin Notified]sprogram) and the jb4 phone app. The phone app makes it incredible, our phones are sleeker than a Cobb access port and we always have them. With the jb4 app your phone can wirelessly connect to the jb4 through bluetooth and has a very slick graphical interface with similar gauge functions to having a Cobb access port hooked up but with many more tuning functions. Having a code reader with me, wirelessly hooked up at all times has been great when I've had a code pop up(vicariously related to the tune, bad spark plugs, blown valve cover gasket etc, nothing you fault the tune for, just a lot of boost at my complete discretion, just dial it up or down with your phone or the steering wheel controls, it's the ultimate toy) and it saves all codes that ever get thrown as well as clears them, all from my iPhone that I have with me 100% of the time anyways. It also allows logging, you can set it to log as soon as you go wot, or log on demand, it saves them with a time stamp, you can view them as a graph on your phone, you can email them as a Csv file. I've always like the features of the jb4 and have run one in some iteration since 2008, but with the app and free flash tunes(I run a custom wedge tune similar to ptf tunes), it is amazing combo if you have any DIY interest, the extra features, the realtime monitoring of any parameter you could want and real time adjustment of most anything the jb4 can adjust with the smoothness and part throttle gains of a flash tune. I wouldn't go any other way and the only downside is the bluetooth adapter for the jb4 takes a while to get as there's a wait list but android users can just use a usb cable while they wait for the Bluetooth adapter. A wonderful combination when used together jb4+jb4 app and Bluetooth adapter with a tune using [Admin Notified]s free software and a Bavarian technic cable to load the tune.