BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #23
Franklin Joseph
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
Did you get much/any understeer on track?
yeah still got understeer at certain corners, but it was less than before(was running MDM)...plus the outside of my tires are smooth, so that could be contributing to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
If you don't me asking, how difficult is it to transfer units from one car to another, more speciically CANbus connections, etc?
all he did was plug in the unit to the cig. for power, and a sensor on the roof. We didnt connect to the ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
Engaging the emergency brake with fresh-off-the-track hot rotors is asking to melt/warp your rear pads... and I'd imagine the car happened to be in 2nd gear when it stopped or it's just easier to access the electronics with it in 2nd.
what he said...plus its a habit to put it in 2nd gear. (my old racecar didnt have a handbrake)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Dude is SLOW.. HAHAHAHAHA... just kidding.... :-) Great improvement from the suspension...
A full second from the data is nothing to sneeze at.. although In my head I was expecting more.
Of course... you may go back out next time and really have that sink in and gain more..
. so much for keeping that white car stock eh? LOL
haha, its an addiction...expensive one...its a good thing my bank account stops me from going crazy.
My best lap time didnt have the best sector times yesterday, and i left 1 sec on the table. But my next track outing i'll have R tires and will drive with electronics off.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #24
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard@M-World View Post
There won't be a V1. 1M already comes with a very competent suspension system from the factory, so for me, the only logical step would be to step up to a system that has more adjustability.
Would you happen to have a damper curve (force vs speed) of the KW V3's?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #25
Fundahl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, 300zx TT

Thanks for posting real data!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #26
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

does it really feels that good? does anyone know what is the least lowering to get a good ground clearance, though sporty enough to feel the effect while cornering..?

thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #27
LotusBoy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M, N55, KW's DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-K View Post
does it really feels that good? does anyone know what is the least lowering to get a good ground clearance, though sporty enough to feel the effect while cornering..?

thanks in advance.
Dont go to low, or you will just break your wheels/suspension in the first pothole. The front spoiler is already very low as it is ! I got KW's DDC on mine, and decided to keep it at the original height. So stock look, but total adjustability.
Appreciate 0