BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
jonack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Extended Warranty worth it????

I have a 2008 135i with approx. 34,000.00 miles on it. Love the car! My warranty will end in January when my four years are up. Getting lots of extended warranty literature from BMW. It seems that the plans go for either 1800.00?, or around 3000.00?... I can't afford to turn the car over, and therefore plan, for now, to keep it for a few more years. Are these extended warranties worth it? Do any of you have experience with them? Your suggestions / recommendations will be appreciated?
JoNack
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
timwin
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW(daily)/Infiniti(Weekend)

I have a few friends who have purchased the ESC (extedned service contract) There is a 50.00 dedutable. A couple of them have the gold which covers majority of the things on the car except for the entertainment related stuff which is covered on the platnium if I'm not mistaken. One of the guys have a 5 series and his transmission started to slip on him and he got that covered under the ESC. They also got maintenance which covers itself if you are going to be keeping the car for a while.
Appreciate 0