BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
rsjean
satch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Please publish prices.

Begin rant.

Any reason the vendors on this forum can't be required to publish prices like real busineses do? I always feel like I'm trying to get in on some drug deal. Pssst hey buddy - got some really good stuff here. Catch me off line and I'll tell you how much - in private.

Man what a waste of posts and time. Scan down 13 posts looking for prices on a product commercially being offered for sale. No prices. Go back to OP. Get a PM address. Write a PM. Send a PM. Then the waiting game. Hey buddy - sent you a PM a few days ago. No prices.

I can understand PM-ing potentially for a special private or group deal. Something 'unpublished' with special conditions. But not for a simple - Hi we are a business selling a product - but I can't tell you how much unless it's in Private.

End rant.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Das Ein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Audi TTS, '17 500 Abarth

I feel your pain.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
luvmyone
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240 RWD 6 speed

I completely agreee with you ,drives me nut's.
Mods please make them post prices!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...ac4f2e7ad9510e

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
135forthewin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by esses View Post
Thanks for that haha. I was gonna type out an explanation, which would've turned into a full-blown essay on microeconomics...
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #6
morscode
Got Boost?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 x3 m40i

: drink::d rink::dr ink::dri nk:
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #7
rsjean
satch
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esses View Post
Welcome to the United States

http://www.bingham.com/Media.aspx?MediaID=5214
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #8
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjean View Post

Q: "How much does that cost?"
A: "Well, how much you got?"

It's good to note that there ARE a handful of vendors with complete pricing transparency.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 07:38 AM   #9
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

How about, when we recieve a cost quote via PM from a vendor, we reply on the advertisement thread with the Price that was quoted? This way, everyone gets to see what's being offered and the vendor isn't held to a forum rule.

Just an idea, but not sure if it's a bad one.

Don't forget the pushy vendors. You send them one request for a quote and then they harp on you PM after PM pushing for a sale.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #10
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBluey View Post

Don't forget the pushy vendors. You send them one request for a quote and then they harp on you PM after PM pushing for a sale.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #11
RaceTime
Auto X'er
Rep
Drives: 2009 Space Gray 135i

+1
Dinan Stage 2 software, Injen intake, RR Oil Catch Can, H&R Pro-coilovers and springs, H&R front sway bar, Vorshlag camber plates, Vorshlag comp studs, BMW strut brace, BMW performance pedals, G-Force harneses, BMP tow hooks, Breyton GTS-R wheels with 255-35R18 (square set up) and custom axel back exhaust with muffler delete.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #12
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
The main reason why most dont is to prevent under cutting

say vendor A post a price for $100 and you post in the thread you are interested, then vendor B can PM you, hey i can do it for $90

this kinda thing has been going on as far as forum go back, thats why most dont post prices

If a vendor doesnt reply to your PM when you ask for a price, than thats a whole new problem and that the fault lies 100% on the vendor

from personal experiences, Ive have always gotten a way better price thru PM, then what most will post and what most vendors have posted on their site

even though i havent been on this board long, ive had a few vendors hook me up on some amazing deals thru PM
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #13
rsjean
satch
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
The main reason why most dont is to prevent under cutting

say vendor A post a price for $100 and you post in the thread you are interested, then vendor B can PM you, hey i can do it for $90

this kinda thing has been going on as far as forum go back, thats why most dont post prices
I guess I don't feel I should be victimized by 'businesses' that aren't equipped to compete the way real businesses have to compete. What you have described flies in the face of the free market system. Those who are equipped to sell at the better price should gain the support of those seeking best price. Those who might not have the lowest price but offer some sort of value in better shipping, better customer service, whatever - should gain the support of those seeking that.

It's how Target competes with WalMart who competes with Best Buy who competes with Amazon. They all sell Philips LCD TV’s for example. Now who do you buy from?

If I wanted a flea market, Tijuana atmosphere I'd go there.

And I would hope the site owners would set those standards for Commercial Sales on the Forum - they are a business too:

1addicts.com Estimated Worth $20162.6 USD
Title BIMMERPOST = BMW Forum, BMW News and BMW Blog
Description The latest BMW news and the largest BMW forum on the internet. Your daily dose of BMW info related to the BMW M3, BMW 3 series, BMW 1 series, BMW 5 series, BMW 7 series, BMW Z4, BMW Z2, BMW X1, BMW X5, BMW X6 and beyond
Daily Pageview 8540
Daily Ads Revenue $27.62
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

our prices are always listed
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #15
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg 135i

Quote:
I guess I don't feel I should be victimized by 'businesses' that aren't equipped to compete the way real businesses have to compete. What you have described flies in the face of the free market system. Those who are equipped to sell at the better price should gain the support of those seeking best price. Those who might not have the lowest price but offer some sort of value in better shipping, better customer service, whatever - should gain the support of those seeking that.

It's how Target competes with WalMart who competes with Best Buy who competes with Amazon. They all sell Philips LCD TV’s for example. Now who do you buy from?

And I would hope the site owners would set those standards for Commercial Sales on the Forum - they are a business too:

Description The latest BMW news and the largest BMW forum on the internet. Your daily dose of BMW info related to the BMW M3, BMW 3 series, BMW 1 series, BMW 5 series, BMW 7 series, BMW Z4, BMW Z2, BMW X1, BMW X5, BMW X6 and beyond
Daily Pageview 8540
Daily Ads Revenue $27.62
exactly...when there is a gas station on every corner of an intersection, they dont get to hide their prices to prevent the others from undercutting them. Thats the whole point of free market competition, prices settle to where they should be.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #16
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:

Daily Pageview 8540
Daily Ads Revenue $27.62
i agree 100% and i too would like to see prices posted, i just gave the reason why most dont

and i dont mind paying a bit more when i know im gonna get good service, a prompt delivery and a hastle free transaction, which is why i never go to wallmart
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #17
bmore135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

i have to agree with you guys on this one, i hate PMing for prices. this should be a sticky and have a poll added to it. maybe it will get more attention that way... =)
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

We list our prices, and all other details in our forum, and e-commerce listings.

"call for price" is a strategy to undermine the MAP pricing requirements imposed by manufacturers and wholesale distributors. It's done by businesses that don't have the inventory or customer base to support a disclosed price. Because even if everybody disclosed their prices, they still wouldn't have the inventory, or customer trust to win the sale, so they cut their prices the only way they can.

The problem is, it's a cycle, that once started, effects all business selling the same product. So TireRack for example, who lists BBS and Volk prices according to the rules, can be undercut my small mom and pop shops that don't carry any inventory. But, tirerack will still make far more sales, since they took the time to develop a real customer base, and bought inventory at a deeper discounted price, that they can ship right away.

In June we will have over 1200 wheels in stock ready to ship. We focus on selling products we either distribute exclusively ourselves, or that we can keep instock. We're even bringing in AST coilovers to keep in stock now, to shorten shipping times even further.

Last edited by Eddy@ApexWheels; 03-10-2010 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #19
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

there was a recent thread about performance seats. I asked for a price and was told to PM the seller. The conversion ended there. Vendors, post your prices or I move on.
Appreciate 0