BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-15-2023, 10:00 AM   #23
matt1t
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i

I'll take a look at Bimmercode but just need to confirm which pin actually controls highbeam when the lever is pushed forward.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 08:16 AM   #24
matt1t
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i

I always like to post my solutions if I have one. My suspicion was correct. Pin 5 activates the shutter on the xenon light, so moving pin 6 to pin 5 on the headlight harness worked. I now have highbeams. Just for reference, there was no pin or wire in the 5 slot. The headlight harness was a bear to take apart, that was the hardest part. I had to dig all the rubber out holding the wires in. I will say, if I was smart, I would have just added a pin 5 and tapped into the pin 6 wire, but on the first one I was just trying to see if it worked. I didn't feel like pulling it back out and adding the pin and wire. One last possible issue which I have not come across yet is I've read other posts where the car will detect a high voltage and shut the high beams off. You wont have high beams until the car is restarted. To fix this, you can add a relay, however I have not had this issue.
Appreciate 1