BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-17-2015, 06:37 AM   #1
bandydesign
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Bandy's 2009 135i

I checked out the BMW ultimate driving experience a few weeks ago where they let you autocross a new 328d and 428i with some world class instructors. What a blast and what a genius marketing move! Well, if it's not obvious already, it worked on me.

I picked up this car (Eva) from Jacksonville, FL last weekend. I'm the second owner, the car was european delivered but made as a US spec car. The car is pretty well optioned with Sat nav and Xenons, etc. This is my first BMW and I am truly impressed. Just the whole package.

I track a '93 miata about every month and have been doing so for about a year now. My plans for the BMW is to keep her a daily but to try out some autocross and stick to the track in my miata that I can afford to total

Looking forward to joining the community!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 08:54 AM   #2
Pothole
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E88 125i, RR sport 3.0tdv6

nice! You have any plans for the car?
BMW E88 125i - Tunex Tuned@ 228whp - Cyba Scoops - Performance Kidneys - Performance Exhaust - Performance Intake - BMW Strutbar - 3d Design Carbon Diffuser - Blacklines - Golf Tee - FK Coilovers - Klutch SL14

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #3
bandydesign
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothole View Post
nice! You have any plans for the car?
Yeah, I'm trying to pick out the right set of wheels now. I'm hoping to keep the stock suspension but I may end up going stiffer with springs or coilovers. I need to do research there. I don't want to change the stock geometry much and I'm definitely not after an unusable stance, rolling fenders, etc.

Cobb accessport is on my short list of wanted mods, but the car still feels crazy fast to me. (I know it wont last).
Exhaust? Probably. Haven't found the right setup yet (would love to have something valve switchable)

She wont stay stock long :P
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Since you don't have the sport package, try to source some sport seats. I'm sure you can get some from a scrapyard or purchased from a user here fairly easily. It will have a huge impact on your comfort and support while driving.
      04-17-2015, 01:15 PM   #5
jhipp
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 CR 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandydesign View Post
Yeah, I'm trying to pick out the right set of wheels now. I'm hoping to keep the stock suspension but I may end up going stiffer with springs or coilovers. I need to do research there. I don't want to change the stock geometry much and I'm definitely not after an unusable stance, rolling fenders, etc.

Cobb accessport is on my short list of wanted mods, but the car still feels crazy fast to me. (I know it wont last).
Exhaust? Probably. Haven't found the right setup yet (would love to have something valve switchable)

She wont stay stock long :P
Cobb accessport FTW. You won't believe the difference it makes. If you don't care about the bigger screen on the v3 you can easily pick up a used v2 for $450 on the forums. You'll also want to consider an aftermarket chargepipe for peace of mind - the stock one has a tendency to crack once you up the boost.

Once the mod bug bites, it's pretty tough to stop....
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 01:51 PM   #6
Brearley_III
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' E82 S65 1M, 21' F95 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Since you don't have the sport package, try to source some sport seats. I'm sure you can get some from a scrapyard or purchased from a user here fairly easily. It will have a huge impact on your comfort and support while driving.
I have seats for sale!

Congrats on the new whip too!!
      04-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #7
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new (to you) 1er. You will love it. Besides getting the sport seats, you should look into getting the ///M steering wheel as well, which is also part of the sport package. That fat, chunky, steering wheel comes with perforated leather and is a delight in your hands and will definitely improve your driving experience. We love to spend your money here at 1ADDICTS!
Attached Images

04-17-2015, 02:10 PM   #8
bandydesign
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhipp View Post
Cobb accessport FTW. You won't believe the difference it makes. If you don't care about the bigger screen on the v3 you can easily pick up a used v2 for $450 on the forums. You'll also want to consider an aftermarket chargepipe for peace of mind - the stock one has a tendency to crack once you up the boost.

Once the mod bug bites, it's pretty tough to stop....
That's helpful information. Thanks a ton! How does the factory diverter valve hold up? At least to 400wheel or less.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #9
bandydesign
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
interesting, this is supposed to be my daily so im not sure if im ready to lose heated seats and lumbar. Definitely intent on keeping side airbags. What do I give up switching to the sport seats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMonster_III View Post
I have seats for sale!

Congrats on the new whip too!!
Uh oh, tempting me there...
They don't look to be power, are they heated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenEsteban View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new (to you) 1er. You will love it. Besides getting the sport seats, you should look into getting the ///M steering wheel as well, which is also part of the sport package. That fat, chunky, steering wheel comes with perforated leather and is a delight in your hands and will definitely improve your driving experience. We love to spend your money here at 1ADDICTS!
Hmm, that I could be up for. Easy enough to find those for sale used or is there a place that you can pick them up new reasonably priced?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #10
jhipp
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 CR 135i

Quote:
That's helpful information. Thanks a ton! How does the factory diverter valve hold up? At least to 400wheel or less.
Some have had good luck with them, some get leaks eventually. Seems to be luck of the draw. I personally went ahead and swapped to a Tial BOV while I was in there so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

If you're not a fan of the pshhh noises, Forge makes DVs that are rock solid. They also fit the stock DV placement so you could replace the chargepipe first and swap to Forge down the road if the stock DVs give you issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #11
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenEsteban View Post
Quote:
Hmm, that I could be up for. Easy enough to find those for sale used or is there a place that you can pick them up new reasonably priced?
As ShocknAwe said about the sport seats, you can probably find the ///M steering wheel at a scrapyard.

Or, check the For sale / Want-to-buy / For Trade section of this forum.
      04-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #12
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
interesting, this is supposed to be my daily so im not sure if im ready to lose heated seats and lumbar. Definitely intent on keeping side airbags. What do I give up switching to the sport seats?
Sport seats can be power or manual, and can have the heated function as well. AFAIK all sport seats have lumbar.

I have full power heated black leather sport seats in mine.

Please note, the adjustable leg portion is always a manual adjusted piece and is not a good indication of whether the seats are manual or power.

Have fun with the car!
      04-17-2015, 06:01 PM   #13
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]