BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
arisonford
Rep
Drives:

dtc/dsc and the e-lsd...

I really need a bit of clarification on this topic. from what I understand getting in an starting the car enters full safety net mode, that is ::dsc on dtc on ?e-lsd on but never used because of dsc sensitivity?:: pushing it once turns it to looser traction control, ::dsc off dtc on e-lsd on:: in this mode the wheels can spin, with the help of the e-lsd correct the path ie..traction control, just not restrictive. lastly hold the button for 3 seconds and all traction controls are turned off...but does that mean the e-lsd too??
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
PhAzE
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1m (soon)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the E-LSD is activated when both DSC and DTC are turned off, I've felt the E-LSD work when all nannies are turned off. The E-LSD is better than an open-diff, that's for sure
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
Citizen Z
Alpine Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i AW Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaze View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the E-LSD is activated when both DSC and DTC are turned off, I've felt the E-LSD work when all nannies are turned off. The E-LSD is better than an open-diff, that's for sure
Correct.

Fastness: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252727
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portimao Blue 2022 M240iXdrive

That is my understanding as well. The e-lsd is still operating after the other stuff is turned completely off.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #5
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Let the manual speak:

DSC is computer control for stability. The car will use the engine (fuel shut off) or the brakes (individually) to bring the car back into control.

DTC is a reduced version of DSC, for use in loose gravel, snow or ice, where some slippage is allowed.

When DSC is totally off - only the e-diff is active on the rear wheels. Note - an e-diff is really only brakes, nothing is done within the differential itself.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0