BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Best 17" Tires?

Hey guys, new here, been stalking this forum for about a year now ^_^. I have a BMW 128i with sport package 17 inch tires, and I need new ones. I am getting rid of my runflat tires. I've been reading around, and it seems as if the Hankook are the best for their buck, but I also read about the dunlop star specs, but they didn't seem to have them for the 17 inch wheels. I know the Michelin PS2 are good too, but they are too expensive! So are there any other tires I should consider? I think I am pretty set on the hankook ones : )

edit: i noticed that the Continental ExtremeContact DW have very good reviews! anyone have these?

Last edited by Greenkirby21; 06-09-2010 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: noticed error
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
tgxmike
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT, '21 Charger Scat

Garage List
2021 BMW M2  [0.00]
I have the hankook and they are great!!!! The have so much more grip over the stock tires that my car felt like I was going to roll right out of it. That was when I decided to go for the performance suspension package.

My suspension review, with the Hankook on the car. I went with new wheels too so I have a second dedicated set for the winter. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383090

All the other tires you mentioned are good too. Really just personal preference. When you are comparing such good tires, the differences are so small you probably won't even notice. On a track you might want PS2's.
Appreciate 0