BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
dkommor
Mindful
Rep
Drives: 2009 128 Coupe AW

Mysterious Swirls?

I cleaned my 1er for the first time yesterday, no clay just washed and sealed using Klasse Paint Glaze and Sealant. I used lambswool mits and dried using microfiber towels. The sealant was applied with a microfiber pad and removed with a MF towel. The finish is smooth as glass but when you look at the car on an angle there are visible swirls in the paint. I am wondering if the car was delivered this way and I didn't notice or was this something I did cleaning. Should I clay, polish and reseal? By the way, my car is Alpine white and the swirls aren't clearly visible unless you look closely. Any input is greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I own a Flex random orbital but wanted to do a quick wax by hand. Should I have used the Flex?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

Your car was most likely swirled from delivery. Ensure you wash all your microfiber before first use.

I would not bother to clay the car. Your going to have to polish the car with the Flex to remove the swirls. I would start with Menzerna 85rd and a blue pad.

Hand applied polishes/waxes will not remove the swirls....
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
dkommor
Mindful
Rep
Drives: 2009 128 Coupe AW

I should mention that I cleaned the car when it was 35 degrees outside. I wonder if temperature would have any effect? Yes I am an ADDICT!
Appreciate 0