BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-24-2015, 06:17 PM   #1
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

EOI: Full E92 335i suspension & driveline

Hey guys, as some of you may know I have had a full M3 driveline sitting in storage awaiting fitment for the past few years (I’ve been busy Ok!). My car is only a weekender (that sadly gets driven once every few months) and I’ve finally also recently had the car setup to run E85.

The initial cobb OTS E30 tune has made some significant power increases and it now exuberates the elasticity of the oem suspension and really needs that M3 driveline with the LSD to assist with putting the power down out of the corners.

Advan performance will be doing the conversion, and I thought I would create a EOI thread prior to the retrofit to see if there were any interested parties for my existing driveline from my 6MT 335i.

This is what I will be installing (thus to give you an idea of some of the components that will be removed and for sale)

The car has just over 80000 kays (6-7k kays have been tuned putting out 260-270 rwkw) and I’m the type of guy who has never chucked a burnout or drives the car hard, I prefer to give it a squirt from a roll on to provide the driveline, clutch and tyres as much mechanical sympathy as possible whilst still giving it a squirt

Fortunately my car has the bolted large pumpkin diff, so what this means is to slot in a LSD it’s a lot cheaper, and the large pumpkin diffs are much stronger then the small pumpkin diffs found in 08+ cars (BMW apparently designed a welded ring gear to cut costs v’s the bolted diff) so I was intending to offer the rear subframe and diff for sale as a complete unit.

This will benefit an interested party as they can have the subframe bushes upgraded and the diff upgraded so there is no downtime then when the install is to be conducted you can just drop the subframe and diff and swap it over.
When the time comes to sell the car, you can simply drop the rear subframe & swap the oem setup back in and sell the upgraded large pumpkin diff, subframe bushes as a complete unit rather than having to find an interested party and then co-ordinating time to swap their oem diff over to the lsd setup.

$EOI fulfilled $

A set of 2 half shafts (great as a set of spares, as they’ve been known to pop in high HP cars and the 6MT items are beefier than the AT items)

$350

F&R brake calipers, rotors and pads (idrive stated that there is 24000 kays left on pads-Calipers are immaculate as I’ve painted them and washed them everytime I wash the car. The rotors have lips on the outside edges indicating 50% use albeit there is no glazing on the orotrs cracks or chatter/uneven groves found on cars which have had track use)

$300

OEM M Sport springs (lowered ride height which is a really good height as its low enough yet the car doesn’t scrape at all)

$75

I will also have a heap of random pieces such as F&R swaybars, all wishbones, shocks, F&R hubs great for anyone who may have a prang in future and run into a gutter when attempting to drift smashing their sussy up

Let me know if you’r e interested in anything and I’ll be happy to start holding items for any interested parties. If I get a few interested buyers this will help prompt me to get finally get my m3 driveline installed!!

As for a date I’m hoping in the next 2 months and all items once available would be available for collection from Advan performance, I would be happy to help any interstate buyers with shipping (but I’m sure you could organise this DIY with E-GO couriers)

Cheers

Shane

Last edited by DR-JEKL; 05-25-2015 at 02:14 AM..
Appreciate 0